Author Topic: KeyBoard and Mouse "Solved" Thanks  (Read 3483 times)

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
KeyBoard and Mouse "Solved" Thanks
« on: June 03, 2015, 05:42:58 AM »
recently I had a virus that attacked my keyboard and mouse.  it altered the registers keys under local machine
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

UpperFilters  which made it rather hard to work on things. :)

Id like to see a bootable version  of this with a fix area for this area.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:39:41 PM by silhouett »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: KeyBoard and Mouse
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »
if you mean a bootable version  of WR then that will be Impossible for sure  :smiley: Because ًWR is a registry based  ! 90 % is to do with registry
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:39:46 PM by Gamezertruth »

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: KeyBoard and Mouse
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 01:51:30 PM »
Both of those do have to do with the mouse and keyboard
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553426%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The problem is I cant add a fix to clear the upper filters on that because depending on the mouse driver installed anything could be in there that isnt the default. Like when users have gaming mice and such. So that kind of repair cant be automated with an unknown variable like that. :wink:

You would also want to check the normal path as well which is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

As for a bootable version of my program, it wouldn't do any good because the program has to be ran inside windows, mainly because of the commands it calls such as to services and registering dll files access and right to the currently loaded registry and I cant control how those do that, so it has to be running in Windows.

But I can see why you ask that, if your keyboard and mouse wont respond you cant do anything to try and fix it!

So when that happens the only option is to boot up another OS, load the registry hive and edit it from there. Diffidently not an easy one to fix when your mouse and keyboard are taken out, unless you have a touch screen lol

Shane
PLEASE EDIT YOUR TOPIC AND PUT (SOLVED) IF YOU ARE ALL FIXED.

(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com