Author Topic: American Megatrends Bios Page coming up when i boot up computer  (Read 9459 times)

Offline thankfuluser

• View Profile
Hi Shane,thanks for the last fix you helped me fix.That tool SFCFix is great.Okay i have one problem i can't figure out even after getting in touch with Asus and American Megatrends who made the Bios for my computer.I'm using a desktop Win 7 sp 1 64-bit and it's only 3 years old.Every other day when i start up my computer the bios page comes up and the clock and date are always off.If it's 12 pm the clock will be on 1 am 2002.So,i press f1 go into bios fix time and date ,save and leave.But i never had this problem before and even after i did a complete re-install it's still happening.I know the battery on cmos could do this but before i change something like that when computer is not very old i would like to know what you think and if you have any suggestions.Thank You once again Tim.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: American Megatrends Bios Page coming up when i boot up computer
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 04:54:56 pm »
It could actually be a motherboard problem in that it isn't saving the settings, but I'd start with replacing the CMOS battery although they are supposed to have a life span of ~5yrs - motherboards can go at any time, especially in HP computers.

Something else to check is to click on the clock in the system tray - Change date and time settings and under the Internet Time tab/Change Settings check for any error reporting and that the box is checked for Internet time server.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: American Megatrends Bios Page coming up when i boot up computer
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:24:31 am »
99% of the time this is all related to the cmos battery. The cmos battery is used for the bios to remember its settings when the system doesnt have any power. If the cmos battery is bad and the system isnt plugged into a power source then the bios loses all of its settings.

If this is a laptop this will happen easily as well if the laptop battery is bad and doesnt hold a charge anyways, so every time you unplug the power cord it will lose all power, and if the cmos battery is bad then all the bios settings go back to default.

Shane