Author Topic: is there any utility to get to know the settings of menu in bios in a running pc  (Read 5113 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
HI,

Going to bios and seering the settings of each tab is possible when you tab delete or f2 key. But is there any utility that could grasp the bios settings menu wise and actual selection. It would be a useful tool which shane could attempt, if it is not there. The inside information on a running pc would be easy to know, what are all the menus selected and what is the menu in it has been selected.
                                                Speccy and other tools only show the bios version and not the menu details. Would anybody has any clue
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think for that you would need a program that could run outside of the OS and would have to be CD or Flash drive based, but once the BIOS settings are made, nothing changes as it tells Windows what to load.

When driving a car and you select a gear, you don't need to see the gears turning or anything else under the bonnet.

JR - if it's working after all that you've gone through, forget about the innards and enjoy the machine.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
The bios is the cmos software that is on the motherboard itself and every motherboard and maker use their own stuff. No way to even try, and if any attempt is done on the bios and something goes wrong could brick it and kill the motherboard.

I program in Windows, I dont program to direct hardware, and I am not to sure of too many programs that do. The software that does access the bios is normally used for backing up the firmware and updating it.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Kudos to replies from shane and boggins

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".