Author Topic: Over the moon  (Read 4289 times)

Offline ianlake

• View Profile
Over the moon
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:20:33 pm »
Some weeks ago I uninstalled some TV tuner software which operation crippled my system, not enough to stop it working but enough to make it 'interesting' when using it, tracking down .exe files, making changes to registry settings and applying permissions in order to make changes taught me a great deal about Windows 8.1 but was taking away from my enjoyment of using the system for the things I wanted to do.

I tried the standard things to get my system running properly and invested a great deal of time searching for 'fixes' on the net all to no avail, I know I could have done a complete reset but did not want to spend the time re-installing all the bits and pieces I have collected over the years and go through all the fine tuning again.

This morning I made one more search for fixes for my .lnk problems and found a page which gave a review of your product - no idea why I had not seen it before - I downloaded and installed it. I went through the steps and ran the fixes, there was one heart-stopping moment when restarting the system took a fair while but the system restarted and everything is in place and working properly.

I am so pleased I 'discovered' Windows Repair (aio) - Free version that I bought the Pro version, this is a great product it even got Media Center running properly.

I'm over the moon to have a fully working system.

Ian