Author Topic: Frost Wire LLC, Remote access, Boot:X Drive, unable to resolve  (Read 5606 times)

Offline mellowkill

• View Profile
Hey Shane, I like your statement of wanting to help others. I also think it a cool and interesting statement about if it's not broken why fix it?" "to make it better. With that being said; I have spent the last two months trying to rid my computers of a ghost in the machine.

I chose to download files off of Frost Wire and shortly thereafter started having problems. I watched all of my files being systematically uploaded to God knows where and deleted as they were being uploaded. I of course immediately copied what files I could to disc and unplugged my external drives.

I called Microsoft and paid them to remotely access my computer and they ran a series of malware, spyware and virus removal tools, i.e., Adware Cleaner, Malwarebytes, Eset node32, Hitman Pro and Sunbelt Viper. They failed! I spent the next two months doing research, I used Draik's Boot and Nuke, and ErAce from SourgeForce to wipe the hard drives All to no avail!

I battled with the discovery of my laptop being connected to the internet even though the Device Manager showed that my Wlan, and WiFi drivers were not installed.

I soon discovered that my computer was connected publicly and that my "home" computer was being used as a work station and connected as a business computer. I also discovered that here was a lock on my personal logged on account ( something I have never had on my computer(s) over the last 15 years I have used computers. Along with this came the loss of permissions to access my files and shortly thereafter the use of my DVD rom which was limited to a generic Cd rom as this was the only driver installed. I tried to battle it out with whomever or whatever this anomaly was by resetting the Group Policy Settings or the App Locker Settings, again all to no avail!

I found a number of tools through bleeping computer.com and I attempted to use those without any success. The "All In One" Repair Tool reset a lot of the settings but the demon just returns.

I have taken all of the necessary steps to protect the identity of family by reporting this to authorities and changing all of the bank account and credit card information but am still suck with the problem of getting rid of  the intrusion. I have placed a business level protection on my system and it continues to clean the same two files daily. I will post screen shots in next post after hearing your thoughts. I am limited on funds at the moment but willing to put in the work. I am a savvy basic computer user if that makes any sense and have become instantly interested in going to battle with the knuckle heads that chose to behave in such a manner. I believe it to be the most cowardice way to be a criminal I have ever came across. Thanks for your time. *All input welcome*

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Frost Wire LLC, Remote access, Boot:X Drive, unable to resolve
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 12:22:36 pm »
No need to double post, I replied to your other post  :wink:
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,3112.0.html

Shane