Author Topic: Windows Repair (All-in-One)-the latest version cannot be installed  (Read 7954 times)

Offline Marek

• View Profile
The latest version (3.2.0) of Windows Repair cannot be installed. Refers to Windows XP only. Attached error.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair (All-in-One)-the latest version cannot be installed
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:26:50 pm »
Your anti virus is messing with the setup and locking the files to scan them while it is trying to install :wink:

Shane

Offline Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 01:28:47 am »
Hi Shane:
I use the same anti-virus at the same settings in configuration with Windows 7 OS and installation of the latest version of Windows Repair finished successfully. :wink: :wink:  I would like to undersign that above error is being shown at the end of program installation and makes it impossible to open.
Marek   

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:35:21 am »
Yeah I noticed that with the setup software I use, if it gets messed up during the install you have to kill the irsetup in the task manager to get it to stop.

None of my previous versions of my Windows repair over the last year have been flagged with a false positive, ever since I added the api and code to pull the SHA1 hash of the files it is getting flagged again as a "Generic" virus. So now I have to go through the hassle of getting all the AVs to whitelist the program again and stop flagging it as a false positive.

I have all of my programs digitally signed with a code cert, I dont understand why the antiviruses are ignoring this as it is suppose to show the file came from a good company, or they could even whitelest certain company's and they certs and stop these false positives.

Sorry for the small rant, just when you are a programmer the biggest problem you always face is the false positives and the people who think it is a real infection and it does nothing but hurt your reputation, so I get a little upset lol

Shane

Offline neroilo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 01:16:06 pm »
So now I have to go through the hassle of getting all the AVs to whitelist the program again and stop flagging it as a false positive.

Did you consider to create an announcement with a list of links and steps to whitelist your software from major AVs?

Offline Marek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 12:48:20 pm »
Problem is solved. I disabled the AV's shields control for installation time of Windows Repair (All-in-One)
Marek