Author Topic: Problem with 3.2.0 portable  (Read 7485 times)

Offline Alan123

• View Profile
Problem with 3.2.0 portable
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:02:11 am »
1)    I wanted to alert you, that if you change the folder name of the new release 3.2.0, the program will not pass the initial hash error check. (I generally add the version number to the program folder name) It says about 10 or so files are missing or corrupt.

The older versions never had a problem like this 

2) An idea for you - you may want to add an algorithm for correcting the following Windows update issue I ran into:

Someone I know had a laptop that was used at a company he used to work at, but the laptop was his own.  When he connected to the office network, something was changed in his computer the stopped windows updates. It was only discovered a year later, when he left the company. I reallized his Windows OS  had not updated for over a year. It turns out the admin at the old company did something so that once a computer connects to its domain, a flag was set  so that no updates would be downloaded directly from Microsoft; instead, the workplace-approved updates only came from the in house update server.

The following three sites helped me figure out and correct the issue.
https://codeimprovements.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/solving-error-8024402c-for-windows-update/
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/windows-xp/Registry-Keys-Tweaking-Windows-Update-Part1.html
http://superuser.com/questions/32340/how-to-enable-windows-update-over-the-internet-for-domain-computers-code-8024

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Problem with 3.2.0 portable
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:19:59 pm »
- Is Windows Defender or any other Anti malware program active ?
- Did you modify the "Cleaning scripts" for the cleaning tool in the PRO version ?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:47:24 pm by Willy2 »

Offline Alan123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 02:38:48 pm »
- Is Windows Defender or any other Anti malware program active ?
- Did you modify the "Cleaning scripts" for the cleaning tool in the PRO version ?

I downloaded the portable version, unzipped it, and then renamed the folder. Then I attempted to launch the program. It did not like that I renamed the folder, it reported the missing items.
I then changed the folder name back to the original name, and it opened perfectly.

I have antivirus installed on the computer, but I have never had problems with renaming folders unless it was an issue with that particular piece of software. That computer is runing Avira. (It is Win 7, and I believe Windows Defender is also on.)

I did not modify the download in any way.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »
Odd, changing the folder name shouldnt do anything, the only folders you do not want to rename is the folders that are in the same folder as the program itself.

By any chance did you get a screen shot of some of the files it was complaining about?

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 12:30:28 am »
Perhaps the internet connection is a bit "Choppy" ?