Author Topic: Some Windows 7 updates were not installed  (Read 9162 times)

Offline SkiRisk78

• View Profile
Some Windows 7 updates were not installed
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:18:15 pm »
Dear Tweakmeister (my term, not yours...),  I have a recurring problem with Windows 7 updates failing to be installed on my Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop that I purchased in March of this year.  The problem seemed to have been ressolved, utilizing earlier versions of your Windows Repair tool, with the updates either loading during the repair process or thereafter during the shutdown sequence, or perhaps some other way.  Today, after using your Windows Repair v3.2.0,  (in safe mode, after the optional System File Check), the updates were still uninstalled as indicated by a BullGuard Internet Security vulnerability scan, and subsequently failed to be installed upon retry.  I did not try rebooting, to see whether they would install upon shutdown, which thing I will do now and log an update (more soon). 

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Some Windows 7 updates were not installed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 05:23:34 pm »
So are any updates failing to install? Or is it just the bulldog program you use saying there is updates missing and Windows updates isnt showing anything?

What updates does the bulldog program say are missing?

Shane

Offline SkiRisk78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:36:05 pm »
BullGuard not speak with forked tongue.  The updates failed to install.  BullGuard takes you to the problem/remedy--the original Windows 7 Control Panel / System and Security / Windows Update alert notifying you of failure of the "68 important updates" to install. 

Offline SkiRisk78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »
I should also have mentioned that I had previously tried the remedies offered in the Windows Help bank and in the Microsoft website without success, and yes, that last reboot did not result in any installations during shutdown. 

Offline SkiRisk78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:08:41 pm »
I downloaded your Change DNS Servers tool, and will study other related entries on the site.  Will report back later.  Thanks for all you do.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »
lol oops, thats what happens when I work for 12 hours straight without eating. Just had a late dinner and feel much better and will try not to say bulldog anymore lol

I will be programming the rest of the night so I may not reply till tomorrow, but can you post some screen shots of any of the errors you are getting and seeing?

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 09:04:31 am »
What error code(s) is Windows giving you for the fails ?