Author Topic: (Solved}gmail notifier pro show system. web. exception err reqtd pg not valid  (Read 8879 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane,
                      I am using gmnpro for the last two years. It works smoothly. But, now, when i click the tray icon name of my name , it goes to show system web exception error. The error is the requested page is not valid. I could access the gmail thro gmail log in. But could not do so thro the gmail notifier pro log in. While setting the imap, i checked the test settings of my gmail and it says that it is ok. But, when you click the link thro the tray icon, iget the above error. I could access the ac after opening the gmail notificer pro , and then click on the righrt page, where one could see the actual emails from the receivers. I could access thro this , but when i open the mail name in gmnpro, then the error pops up. The links of help does not give clear picture of the system web exception error and it is not included in the trouble shoot either. PL
                update:               Now  i could not access the link thro gmnpro window also
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:02:01 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
I havent used that program before so I dont know, did you contact the people who made it?

Can you post a screen shot of the error for me?

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Yes, here the screen shot

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, here is the log file of the application

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Ah, that isnt an error like you get when a program crashes. What is happening is the app is trying to open a link that isnt valid. This happens if google changed something on their end and now the urls that it would make are different and the app is using the old format.

So I would see if there is an app update. Problem isnt your system :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane the problem resolved. Yes, there is not an update or patch. But there is a news in the download section that this is affecting all the users and gmail is working on it. It gives a workaround for single and multile users. The news is dated 27th May 2015. Now I understand the problem. I give the link for all the users of this forum
http://www.gmailnotifier.se/news.php
                      and thanks for shane for telling me that there is no fault in system from the logs