Author Topic: run Windows Repair(Portable version) error  (Read 9539 times)

Offline liuzixi

• View Profile
run Windows Repair(Portable version) error
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:11:21 pm »
after openning Repair_Windows.exe  and it checking files , it showed that " file are missing or corrupt ...", then i could do nothing but close the program.  how could i do to fix the problem ?  thanks a lot

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: run Windows Repair(Portable version) error
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:09:21 pm »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 04:51:05 pm »
Did you take a screen shot of the files it said where missing or corrupt? Did you read what any of the files where so I can know which ones?

Also are you on a non english windows system?

Also what version of Windows and all that good stuff. You have to give me something to work with lol :wink:

Shane

Offline liuzixi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:45:00 pm »
Did you take a screen shot of the files it said where missing or corrupt? Did you read what any of the files where so I can know which ones?

Also are you on a non english windows system?

Also what version of Windows and all that good stuff. You have to give me something to work with lol :wink:

Shane

windows version  : xp sp3 chinese language;windows repair version:3.2.0

and this problem also occured with the setup version

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 06:48:38 pm »
OK great :-)

Have you tried it in Windows safe mode yet by chance? If not try it and see if we still get the same problem.

I noticed on another user who has a german system that any .txt, .inf or .manifest files all come back ok, only the dll, dat, exe and reg files come back as bad, seems to be related to only certain file types, so makes me think it might be a 3rd party program getting in the way, so in safe mode we can at least make sure no program is getting in the way.

So far 3 people have had this problem, but all are on non english systems, and only certain file types are coming back as different, yet when I have the user email me the files and I check them they are perfect, so I am digging trying to find the common factor :-)

Shane

Offline liuzixi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 06:28:41 pm »
it get the same problem in windows safe mode.

OK great :-)

Have you tried it in Windows safe mode yet by chance? If not try it and see if we still get the same problem.

I noticed on another user who has a german system that any .txt, .inf or .manifest files all come back ok, only the dll, dat, exe and reg files come back as bad, seems to be related to only certain file types, so makes me think it might be a 3rd party program getting in the way, so in safe mode we can at least make sure no program is getting in the way.

So far 3 people have had this problem, but all are on non english systems, and only certain file types are coming back as different, yet when I have the user email me the files and I check them they are perfect, so I am digging trying to find the common factor :-)

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 03:36:04 pm »
Ok, this is bugging me lol. Problem is, I cant replicate the problem on my end and I cant find anything about the hashes being different on a non english system.

Also the fact that the hash is working fine on some files and fails on every other file based on the file type is really odd.

Can you copy the log of the startup scan, save it to a text file and post it for me, I want to look at it and what hahses it came back with and compare it to the others who have it come back as bad as well. I am curious if they match up with the others.

Shane

Offline liuzixi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 06:44:29 pm »
is this the file you wanted ?   please see it in attach

Ok, this is bugging me lol. Problem is, I cant replicate the problem on my end and I cant find anything about the hashes being different on a non english system.

Also the fact that the hash is working fine on some files and fails on every other file based on the file type is really odd.

Can you copy the log of the startup scan, save it to a text file and post it for me, I want to look at it and what hahses it came back with and compare it to the others who have it come back as bad as well. I am curious if they match up with the others.

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 02:26:08 pm »
No, I mean after you grabbed the new test build I posted the log in the program window that shows the files that failed, you are able to select all of that and copy it, then paste it into a text file and post it.

But from the looks of the file list txt file you posted you didnt grab the new test build. Because if you did the file_list.txt would have had different info in it.

I am working with the other two on a fix, till then you can just open the file_list.txt file in the program folder, clear it all out, save and the program will load like normal.

Shane

Offline liuzixi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 06:45:01 pm »
i'm sorry,i can't select all of that messages but a message at one time in the window ,and i can't copy it.

after i clear all content  of the file_list.txt out ,the problem loaded ok

No, I mean after you grabbed the new test build I posted the log in the program window that shows the files that failed, you are able to select all of that and copy it, then paste it into a text file and post it.

But from the looks of the file list txt file you posted you didnt grab the new test build. Because if you did the file_list.txt would have had different info in it.

I am working with the other two on a fix, till then you can just open the file_list.txt file in the program folder, clear it all out, save and the program will load like normal.

Shane