Author Topic: Remove Policies Set By Infections  (Read 24427 times)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: Remove Policies Set By Infections
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 09:56:28 pm »
I have an antivirus on mine and I have 1.23gb worth of ram loaded that's os pre-started programs + antivirus. (makes me curious I'm curious how much you have?)
I loaded my specs lol

It is always possible to trim things down, you'd be amazed what you can get away with. My oldest machine (gets used daily) has a 1.2GHz Celeron, the board is maxed out at 512MB RAM (@100MHz!) Runs XP sweetly, boots in 30 seconds. Here are my specs with OS and antivirus started (beat that  :wink:)

Offline neroilo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2015, 02:34:27 am »
It is always possible to trim things down, you'd be amazed what you can get away with. My oldest machine (gets used daily) has a 1.2GHz Celeron, the board is maxed out at 512MB RAM (@100MHz!) Runs XP sweetly, boots in 30 seconds. Here are my specs with OS and antivirus started (beat that  :wink:)

Can you share the name of your antivirus?

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2015, 04:58:12 am »
Can you share the name of your antivirus?

Sure.

I use Avast Free version 7.0.1474. I do a custom install, installing only the File System Shield and Behavior Shield, disabling everything else except the streaming definitions updates. If you go for it then take care to install it offline, otherwise it will auto update the program to the latest version (which I think is bloated with loads of unnecessary stuff that is n't needed and does n't work particularly well). Once installed, be sure to disable program updates (as per the reason above). Then you can go back online to update the virus definitions.

It works well for me as part of a multilayered security, occasional false postives, but apart from that it does the job. Your mileage may vary.

You can still get version 7.0.1474 here...
http://www.oldapps.com/avast_antivirus.php?old_avast=8431
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 05:00:07 am by Samson »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 12:37:39 pm »
(Because of the anti virus software is consuming a lot of memory random)  :wink: that’s why !
and Will I install onc anti virus today! 

How much ram do you have installed?

I have an antivirus on mine and I have 1.23gb worth of ram loaded that's os pre-started programs + antivirus. (makes me curious I'm curious how much you have?)
I loaded my specs lol

i have 3 GB ram  :smiley: