Author Topic: Repair volume shadow copy service  (Read 6021 times)

Offline Jnjock

• View Profile
Repair volume shadow copy service
« on: June 17, 2015, 07:13:23 am »
downloaded and installed software and now running a repair volume shadow copy service. Did the preliminaries but its been running for over 5 hours. Is this correct?                    If this is correct then I'll leave it running as I wanted OS repaired-due to malicious software damage which may have been missed by Kapersky.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Repair volume shadow copy service
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 07:32:26 am »
- That repair should take < 1 minute.
- Did you disable the Antivirus ? You should !!!
- I hope you made a backup of the registry.
- Make a screenshot of the running repair & post it.
- Abort the program. Rerun the program but skip the repair(s) that is/are causing (too) much trouble. Then rerun the program again with all boxes ticked. Hopefully it will run without a problem.
- If that doesn't work then restore the registry.

Offline Jnjock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:12 am »
downloaded and installed software and now running a repair volume shadow copy service. Did the preliminaries but its been running for over 5 hours. Is this correct?                    If this is correct then I'll leave it running as I wanted OS repaired-due to malicious software damage which may have been missed by Kapersky.
. Thank you Willy2.  Will try your suggestion

Offline Jnjock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 06:17:20 pm »
Thank you people for your help-tried and failed, so presently updating an OS clean install. Lot of work, but if needs must. Thank you all again anyway.