Author Topic: router & connectivity problem  (Read 17151 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
router & connectivity problem
« on: June 15, 2015, 06:21:39 pm »
Before explaining my problem here. First, I have a router, called(Sagem), which is made of several years before! The router was working perfectly when I bought it! But after two years or more "router" began to be dropped all the time. the Router before it was that brings high-Internet speed! But after the passage of time, the router or modem became suffers from many problems! Unfortunately. Just yesterday had discovered that the problem is from the same router which goes dropped all the time !  :sad: Yesterday I noticed that the internet connection keeps interrupted/discoannecting and some time my network icon in task-bar Starts displays a yellow sign like this (the dns server isn't responding) and
Really I do not know what it means but I began to get these problems since yesterday !  :confused: :undecided: and I have the router manufacturer disk and have to Inserted in the CD drive and won’t work so I'm in trouble "yo" :thinking:. I search in google search engine but did no results. 'So I'm lost right now!lol  :tongue: and other thing when I Inserted the manufacturer CD into the CD drive (the manufacturer CD won’t work either) It gives me a unknown publisher ? I've been a scammed?  :angry:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:24:12 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: router & connectivity problem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 07:39:40 pm »
I figure out why I can not access to some of my websites throughout that time! But just discovered the main reason, which is probably the service provider or router, or both! In fact all of them is crap. and yeah Yesterday, the Internet went from my computer! Nor any available network! So I sat thinking and thinking until I got the ideas! So I've to remove all Related network drives and rebooting the computer and still no available network so other idea i got to Right click on the network icon in the task bar and select troubleshoot problem and couldn't fix the networking problems either ran WR it was unable to fix the problem ! so i had to do it again and uninstall all Related network drives and restart the computer and reinstall some of network drives and run troubleshoot problem once again and run a repair broken network connection built in SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition wasn’t help either so i had go to do it all For the third time with restore Default and troubleshoot my network by going to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall" and this time look like the network problem is back with some fixed!  :smiley: but i still having a blocked webpage problem and Difficulty to browse websites  :sarcastic:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:44:35 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 08:09:07 am »
There's a couple of things that you can try.

For the disconnections it could well be your provider - have you contacted them to have your line tested ?

Disconnections can also be caused by interference from other local users when using just a Wifi connection and a channel change in the router can resolve that.

To determine if it is a Wifi problem then wire the router to the computer to see if you still get the disconnects.

To determine which channel the router is broadcasting on as well as other local users, open a command prompt and enter netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid

Right click in the command window text area and click on Select all then press enter.

You can then right click in the reply box and select Paste so I can have a look at the output and let me know your SSID (network name).

It's possible there could have been firmware upgrades for your router model, so go to the vendor's support site and see what they have for your model. http://support.sagemcom.com/site/sagemcom_carte.php

If they have a f/w upgrade, log into the router and look for the bit that allows you to back up the existing config. as some f/w updates can cause problems.

If you feel the router is playing up, switch the computer and router off as well as disconnecting all cables for a couple of minutes - reconnect the cables and switch just the router on until all lights are back on and then switch on the computer.

If you are using a separate modem and router, you do this for the modem as well, but just switch the modem back on and let it initialize first before switching the router back on.

This is known as a power cycle and can usually clear a number of ails.

There are also a couple of other commands that can help with connectivity/browsing and they are done from an elevated command prompt -

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

exit

Then reboot.

Not being able to browse can also be caused by security programs blocking connectivity and to determine if this is the cause, boot up into Safe Mode with Networking and then see how it performs.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:32:40 pm »
First, before I post here to your response! I need a tool for the removal of svhost virus Because of RogueKiller kept catch it all time and unable to remove it ! and i have slow Internet at the moment!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:02:37 pm »

Offline tberty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 04:05:13 am »
Have you fix your issues with the router yet ? I don't know what happened to you but my router got some similar problems. Because it's old and seems too hot, and cannot work well.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 04:48:06 am »
Have you fix your issues with the router yet ? I don't know what happened to you but my router got some similar problems. Because it's old and seems too hot, and cannot work well.

It's best to open your own thread and explain just what difficulties you are having.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:28:04 am »
hey  :smiley:

I’ve find this which look like a real problem in windows 7 OS ? check it out https://sites.google.com/site/simotechhelp/google-redirect-spam-blue-screens-from-winsock-lsp-wlidnsp-dll

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 01:26:23 pm »
Yes, I've recently come across someone with LSP problems when they clicked on attachment in an e-mail, but it only blocked their connectivity and didn't cause a BSOD.

Are you being redirected or is it still being unable to connect to some sites and did you run those last two netsh commands that I'd posted ?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 02:30:55 pm »
Yes, I've recently come across someone with LSP problems when they clicked on attachment in an e-mail, but it only blocked their connectivity and didn't cause a BSOD.

Are you being redirected or is it still being unable to connect to some sites and did you run those last two netsh commands that I'd posted ?

sure i have run your both commands!  :tongue: and I still having a problem to connect some of website ! but there no redirected issues  and no blue screen!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 03:02:05 pm »
Which DNS servers are you using - default or something like Google's or OpenDNS ?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 03:27:47 pm »
Which DNS servers are you using - default or something like Google's or OpenDNS ?

the default windows DNS’s

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:02 pm »
They will be your ISP's servers.

See if it makes any difference in getting to those web sites in Safe Mode with Networking.

You could also change the DNS servers in the computer for whichever adapter you are using.

Right click on the WiFi icon in the system tray and select Open Network and Sharing Center - Change adapter settings - right click on whichever you are using - Wireless or Ethernet - select Properties - click on (TCP/IPv4) then on Properties and check the lower DNS radio button and enter in the top row 8.8.8.8 and then 8.8.4.4 in the lower row.

Check the box to Validate settings upon exit - OK - Close where the trouble shooter will start and if it says that it can't find any problems, then you are good to go.

They are Google's servers.

You could also try OpenDNS by entering the following into the boxes 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220

After changing to whichever DNS, open an elevated command prompt and enter -

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

exit

and then retry those web sites.

Sometimes a web site can be busy or just down.

To check if it's down, copy & paste the URL into http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 08:32:24 pm »
They will be your ISP's servers.

See if it makes any difference in getting to those web sites in Safe Mode with Networking.

I will start work with this first! and let you how it go ....

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 03:59:16 pm »

no, its not fix yet! And I am still struggling with my router and when I want Access to a router page to make a router reboot then it gave my this :

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web. ...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1039425

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 04:04:32 pm »
Boggin I don't know even how to Browsing the site and they have no search option ? so can I have a help to get a firmware for my router ? 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:06:05 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 04:43:46 pm »
and I just got other web error ?  :sarcastic:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/secure_deletion/index.en.html

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 01:05:49 am »
Are you able to browse/connect in Safe Mode with Networking and using IE ?

What are you using to post with ?

Does Event Viewer report any related time stamped errors ?

What is the exact make & model of the router  - I'll see what I can find.

Is Rogue Killer still picking up that infection ?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 01:50:49 pm »
Are you able to browse/connect in Safe Mode with Networking and using IE ?

I just don’t know but I'll give it a try and see what happen

What are you using to post with ?

Firefox browser

Does Event Viewer report any related time stamped errors ?

I don’t know so do you want my to post the logfile ?

What is the exact make & model of the router  - I'll see what I can find.

here http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2602.msg17291.html#msg17291

Is Rogue Killer still picking up that infection ?

no! http://www.adlice.com/softwares/roguekiller/ but I will check it again !

V10.8.7 06/29/2015
=================
- Removed AV.Killer definition (too many FPs)
- Fixed a bug in mstring module, leading to infinite loop in certain circumstances
- Now tasks scanner scans arguments too
- Added detections

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 02:44:40 pm »
I think to eliminate the router as the cause, you're going to have to get another and if the speeds are still crap and your ISP aren't any help - then see who else is in the market.

BTW - What is your Downstream Attenuation and Downstream SNR ?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 01:23:16 pm »
I think to eliminate the router as the cause, you're going to have to get another and if the speeds are still crap and your ISP aren't any help - then see who else is in the market.

I agree with you here

BTW - What is your Downstream Attenuation and Downstream SNR ?

I’m not sure of it but how to check this ?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 02:14:20 pm »
So are those on the left your sync speeds and those on the right are the download/upload (Throughput) speeds.

That should have your Downstream/Upstream speeds, SNR and Attenuations and may also have the amount of Errors as well.