Author Topic: some movies even converted does not run on sony 660p dvd player  (Read 7963 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
HI,
                  normally this problem does not occur. But when my son tries to copy the mobile loaded mp4 and converted it to avi files, it is not playing in the said dvd player. It supports avi, but i do not know, why there is a problem. Normally when a movie is copied to the pen drive in avi or mp4 it plays . But, if a mobile loaded mp4 in mp4 format is copied to pen drive and then played with dvd player it shows data error. or nothing.
                             Please say, which format in avi, i hither to convert with xvideo avi format, to be played by the player. Is there any thing more to it, than just converting it.
                                    Does the mobile format of mp4 ,is different in playing with dvd in tv. Please
                      the supported formats
http://www.sony.co.in/product/dvp-sr660p
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:20:19 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: some movies even converted does not run on sony 660p dvd player
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 11:20:51 pm »
Hi, Would somebody give advice. The video in question is a copied movie from android from his friend. Normally i use aiseesoft video converter and choose xvid avi format for viewing in tv. But now i am getting this data error eventhough the extension is shown as avi format.

Offline tberty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 04:01:11 am »
The main problem is your avi file is wrong and convert progress isn't completely done or corrupted. Have you try to using another convert tool to convert the file again ?

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 10:19:13 am »
Hi, Would somebody give advice. The video in question is a copied movie from android from his friend. Normally i use aiseesoft video converter and choose xvid avi format for viewing in tv. But now i am getting this data error eventhough the extension is shown as avi format.

I wonder if the movie has a DRM on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management
Julian

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 04:17:51 am »
Hi, Julien,
                    It plays with pcs, windows media player and mpc . The convert was full and i got the success message.
                          Before that, i used GOTD aiseesoft converter and could view in the dvd player.
                                    I have the media information from GOTD Winxdvd converter or in the right click menu. I have already included supported formats of this dvd player.