Author Topic: Malwarebytes advertising GUI and bad programing!  (Read 22463 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Malwarebytes advertising GUI and bad programing!
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:23:33 pm »
Well, most users of the program and they are very upset, including myself! Because of the vast amount of "bug" and error messages that will pop up suddenly on the desktop! and Because of advertising GUI too
And their updates are also very boring! They do not want to make a new program update! Imagine here For example, they even do not want to jump to version 3 so they moving very Slowly And most of us surely knows that the age of their program is more than seven years! And still won’t Aging? lol !

and I have just make a video for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNeALtQ3Y9w
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:25:11 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: Malwarebytes advertising GUI and bad programing!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 01:49:58 pm »
I really wonder what if they have a new programmers working on the program! If so, then this would explain the poor quality of the product! lol

And other problems also, when I make a virus check using their program and therefore the scan process will take a very long time and this unusual time!  _)  :smiley:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:51:44 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 02:06:40 pm »
Whoah! Slow down Gamez! Take a breath.....and relax.

I don't quite follow your problem here, maybe it's "Lost in translation" (fair play to you, my arabic is non existent).

The latest program version is 2.1.6 released 23rd April 2015 , not 7 years old.

As for the rest, you lost me, I can't see what you are trying to say, the video did n't clarify things either (sorry)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 02:26:18 pm »
The point of the problem is that the older version of the program still shows the "Rootkits engine disabled"bug"" while i have scanning my pc with Mbam and even the latest versions are still showing the same "Rootkits engine/Rootkits Feature disabled"bug"" Probably they do not want fix it/ don’t know ?

I just try out the Newer version of Malwarebytes 2.1.6.1022 and The same thing happens and the "Rootkits engine of Malwarebytes 2.1.6.1022 and older version got  disabled while I perform a scan! got lost Malwarebytes you don’t even know about your software’s bug!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:27:55 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:40:09 pm »
The program was found about seven years ago! Which means that their program is the seven years old if I got what I mean! and Their updates there(bugfixed Released, Major updates!), it's going very slowly ! more then seven years and the program version still version 1 for more too years ? so We need to monthly updates for the program as a lot of Companies do this for their Users!
i was remember very well the version 1 of program had more then 4 years almost !and after that they Finally move to version 1 of program After all of these years !
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:43:39 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 02:41:32 pm »
How do you know it is disabled? It is ticked in your video, what makes you think it is disabled? You know that you have the trial version and I think that only is for 30 days
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:44:21 pm by Samson »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 02:46:35 pm »
How do you know it is disabled? It is ticked in your video, what makes you think it is disabled? You know that you have the trial version and I think that only is for 30 days

Because I noticed it!  :smiley: and no!  :smiley: "scan for rootkits" Option is for both free and Paid user and there is no Difference if you prefer you can say"trial version" !
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:49:00 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 02:54:11 pm »
Screen shot from your video shows it IS

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 02:57:07 pm »
re check the video gave a closely look at the left side of the video you will find that the scan for rootkits is not displayed over there ! it should be there like this !

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 02:59:48 pm »
Screen shot from your video shows it IS

yes scan for rootkits it got auto Disabled/Disappearance after Perform a scan
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:01:46 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 03:08:34 pm »
You have had the trial version for more tha 14 days?

It has reverted to the the FREE version now. I'm pretty sure that real time anti rootkit protection is NOT available to free users.

There is your answer, pay up or suck it up Gamez  :wink:

The link refers to scanning, what you are talking about on the left hand column is real time protection (which you have lost now that your trial has ended)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 03:12:30 pm »
Gamez,

The deault scanning option for rootkits is off ( because it adds to the scan time) you can enable it if you want.

Your trial has ended and so has your realtime anti rootkit protection.

If you want better help than me  :wink:
Ask here https://forums.malwarebytes.org/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:15:22 pm by Samson »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 03:19:31 pm »
You have had the trial version for more tha 14 days?

It has reverted to the the FREE version now. I'm pretty sure that real time anti rootkit protection is NOT available to free users.

There is your answer, pay up or suck it up Gamez  :wink:

The link refers to scanning, what you are talking about on the left hand column is real time protection (which you have lost now that your trial has ended)

aha  :smiley: yet it new version Available and i did install of new update and i have new 14 trial day and 4 day Remained to end !
Something strange with their product!  :smiley: so i don’t need to Buy their program! I think I'll stay with all new 14 trial day for sure !  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: just use any uninstall software and you’ll got other 14 trial day for free lol  :wink: :smiley:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:27:29 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 03:21:21 pm »
Gamez,

The deault scanning option for rootkits is off ( because it adds to the scan time) you can enable it if you want.

Your trial has ended and so has your realtime anti rootkit protection.

If you want better help than me  :wink:
Ask here https://forums.malwarebytes.org/

nope  :smiley: still with 4 day Remained  :smiley: so you still think that "scan for rootkits" is not for free Or at least for a trial?  :artist:

I’m sure of it but do i need to ended the trial as a test ?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:24:45 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 03:23:56 pm »
aha  :smiley: yet it now version Available and i did install of new update and i have new 14 trial day and 4 day Remained to end !
Something strange with their product!  :smiley: so i don’t need to Buy their program! I think I'll stay with all new 14 trial day for sure !  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: just use any uninstall software and you’ll got other 14 trial day for free lol  :wink: :smiley:

Happy Days  :cheesy:

Mark the thread as "Solved"

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 04:06:49 pm »
Gamez, you keep modifying your posts, that makes things difficult to follow  :angry:

nope  :smiley: still with 4 day Remained  :smiley: so you still think that "scan for rootkits" is not for free Or at least for a trial?  :artist:

I’m sure of it but do i need to ended the trial as a test ?

The "scan for rootkits" is an option available in ALL versions, the default setting is off - (to reduce scan times)

Real time protection is only available in the trial/ paid version

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 04:07:10 pm »
Sigh if you know how their algorithm works you can have a master key like I do took me a month to understand their algorithm equation. I don't condone that tho I recommend paying 30 dollars for their product.
Julian

Offline Samson

• View Profile

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 02:07:25 am »
Hi, Gamez,
                         I was once using malware bytes, now i do not because of its slugginess start and so many time it takes to search for malwares in their latest edition from version two. It is windows gui that has so many things that even if you want to scan for a single file you have to wait for pre operations for a few minutes and scan the file you selected.
                           The prior version were user friendly having green and quick scan enabled. Now i totally switch to mse , jrt and adware cleaner for scanning for malware. I think adw cle and jrt free tools finish quickly without damaging and taking much cpu usage. The malware bytes slows your browsing if you scan in the middle of browsing.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 08:06:13 pm »
Hi, Gamez,
                         I was once using malware bytes, now i do not because of its slugginess start and so many time it takes to search for malwares in their latest edition from version two. It is windows gui that has so many things that even if you want to scan for a single file you have to wait for pre operations for a few minutes and scan the file you selected.
                           The prior version were user friendly having green and quick scan enabled. Now i totally switch to mse , jrt and adware cleaner for scanning for malware. I think adw cle and jrt free tools finish quickly without damaging and taking much cpu usage. The malware bytes slows your browsing if you scan in the middle of browsing.

hi jraju

yes I agree with you  :wink: The new program interface is very bad, and not only interface, and even the program itself has become very bad in terms of the speed of the scan! So far, in the version 2, the scan process will take a long time for some of the files on the hard drive so we are very frustrated! They now want more money and why not, they are making the ads on this version 2? What for? Of course they are in need the money! and Finally, the program takes a lot of memory used ! so bad for us or for Mbam ? i don’t know ; )

Gamez, this will cheer you up  :wink:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/malwarebytes_acquires_junkware_removal_tool.html

the full story !  :wink: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169586-malwarebytes-acquires-junkware-removal-tool/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:10:07 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 10:54:34 pm »
Hi, Thisusu tool is widely used and I think that the separate tool will be available in his site thisusu.org or bleeping computers.
                             I am combining thisusu tool with adware cleaner to protect my pc from PUP and browser hijacks. If you use only one tool then it leaves something to be removed by another one.
                                Malware bytes was the best once upon tool now. It takes pretty of your computer resources as well as GUI is containing proversion features, disabled stages.
                                          MSE is one such tool which handles the latest threats more than anything else. Its resource is latest and the cpu usage minimum.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 01:01:21 pm »
hi there

my Mbam 14 trial was expired 2 day ago and the stupid new version nag my all the day when it pop-ups Annoyingly ! :angry:

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 04:11:51 pm »
hi there

my Mbam 14 trial was expired 2 day ago and the stupid new version nag my all the day when it pop-ups Annoyingly ! :angry:
Means you gotta buy it or deal with the free version.
Julian