Author Topic: [SOLVED] Media Player Classic won't work any more!  (Read 18704 times)

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
[SOLVED] Media Player Classic won't work any more!
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:42:35 am »
Hi all,

I use the old mplayerc on both my old W7 desktop and my W8.1 laptop, to reduce cpu/mem usage etc as they both struggle at times, and recently (this week) it has stopped working on my W7. Thinking it was a problem with my PC (I've had lots, see my other thread on WU etc!) I tried the one on my W8.1 and found this to be exactly the same!  :omg: I've tried re-downloading it from one or two different sources and it seems to be the same whichever one I use.

I've tried playing with the settings following similar threads on this topic and it doesn't seem to work, unless I've missed something.. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cure this or is it now obsolete? The error I am getting is AudioSwitcher:Out and Cannot render the file...

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:00:36 am by Tone111 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Media Player Classic won't work any more!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 06:54:26 am »
When you Google audioswitcher out and cannot render the file quite a few links are found which, as you know the program, you will know what they are talking about.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 10:28:19 pm »
Hi,
 Go to Option menu in the Edit tab at the tab of mpc.  Then select internal filters, then at the top pl uncheck the audio switcher. Try
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 03:33:51 am »
Ha, thanks guys. I did try some of the google threads I found but they either weren't applicable or weren't resolving the issue, which is why I posted here to try and short circuit the investigation in case anyone had a similar experience and knew a possible solution.

Ok well the plot thickens - my W8.1 laptop is now ok, and I've done nothing to it! Strange, I never altered anything in the first place to stop it working (as far as I know) but now it's fine again so no worries there. The W7 is a different matter however. I tried your setting jraju, and the error went but has now been replaced by a different error - MPEG-1 Audio Decoder: Out. It will play videos however, including the accompanying sound, but won't play any type of music-only file, mp3, wma, wav etc.

I've gone through All the settings looking at both machines at the same time and they're identical, so it's not the settings at fault, yet something is preventing the W7 one working - the files all play on WMP and Media Monkey though...  :rolleyes:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 03:51:49 am »
Hi, May be it is not enabled.
                Go to the internal filters and enable the same or enable all the codecs found there. Try.

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 04:05:31 am »
Ok, MPEG-1 Audio was already enabled but I've now enabled every codec on the list on both the Source and Transform filters and I'm still getting the same error whatever music-only file I try to open, either from the Favorites list or from the Open menu... Any ideas?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 04:09:04 am »
Hi, did you recheck the unchecked audio filter tab, that you have tried at the last step

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 04:26:10 am »
Not sure what you mean - I unchecked the Audio Switcher and left it unchecked, and checked All of the Internal Filters (including the default ones which were already ticked) - it's still like that but I've closed it down, re-opened it and looked and they're all still ticked!  :rolleyes:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 04:31:52 am »
Hi, I mean, that selecting all the codes, go to audio switcher tab and enable it and try. I am using mpc and trial and error only solve the problem. Shane is using the same mpc, which he recommended. Please try

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 04:35:54 am »
Ah ok - tried that and the error goes back to Audio Switcher: Out!  :omg: and the MPEG-1 Audio Decoder: Out message is there as well underneath it...

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 04:46:54 am »
Hi,
just go to View->Options->Playback->Output->Audio Renderer and change it to your correct sound Device. Try.

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 04:58:35 am »
Ok, well the Playback>Output page doesn't have an Audio Renderer option on either of my machines!  :omg: Unless you mean the DirectShow Audio drop down? Ah, just tried changing that from System Default, which you would think would work and is the setting on my W8.1 machine, to Default DirectSound Device, and also to Speakers and DirectSound: Speakers and it now works fine again!

Thanks, no idea how this setting changed to stop it working but it seems to be good again now, cheers  :smiley: :artist:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Media Player Classic won't work any more!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 05:04:46 am »
Hi, Glad that settled the issue. If you are playing a video without audio, it is not at all fine. Different menus on different versions and different mode. Happy that the problem resolved.
                                One small suggestion: Please do not adjust more than 100 percent audio, as it will repair your speakers in time. Nice software recommended by Shane

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 05:21:32 am »
Yeah I've been using it myself for a couple of years now - great little piece of kit and very light on resources  :artist:  Never had a problem with it before so no idea why it suddenly went awry on both my machines at the same time when I didn't change anything, but glad to have them back running again  :smiley:

Don't know what you mean by "do not adjust more than 100 percent audio, as it will repair your speakers in time" though - how can I adjust my speakers to more than 100% when that's all they go up to???!  :confused:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 05:28:45 am »
Hi,
  That was one idea given by shane, while downloading this wonderful. Normalisation of audio has to be enabled in both boxes during install. This normalisation is enough loud for the home cinema. If you fail to check then, the audio will be low and would tempt you increase the sound bar at the lower right. You could increase, but that has effect on the speakers, particularly laptops, the speakers would not withstand and need replacement.
                                     If normalisation is done at the install stage, then you need not do any adjustment on audio. It is cool and best. Even it plays the latest videos format wonderfully, unlike wmp, which gives sometime, audio after video problems.

Offline Tone111

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 05:42:07 am »
Think I follow what you're saying, but I've never installed mpc, I just run it as a stand-alone prog from my Downloads folder. I've never normalised my audio (that I recall!) or been asked/prompted to either, don't think I'd even know how to!  :confused:

Audio sounds fine though, and it seems to play to the same level of volume as WMP and MediaMonkey with the same tracks so I'm guessing it's all probably ok on that score  :tongue: