Author Topic: Evelope Printer. Saving envelope settings.  (Read 5920 times)

Offline theweav

• View Profile
Evelope Printer. Saving envelope settings.
« on: June 27, 2015, 08:38:09 am »
This is a neat program, but I don't see any way to save settings for individual envelopes. When using a variety of envelope sizes and fonts, it is a pain to have to go back in and change settings. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Ron
(Solved)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:48:49 am by theweav, Reason: Solved »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Evelope Printer. Saving envelope settings.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 10:37:29 am »
No, I never adding settings for each envelope size. I originally made the program just for myself and I put it on the site for others to use. Even when I use different sized envelopes the fonts normally stay the same for me, but I also dont switch envelopes very much lol

The problem is the number of different envelope sizes and the fact that if a user has the post script driver installed for their printer they are able to use custom sizes as well, which means there is no way to tell how many different possibility there is for the sizes. So trying to save settings for each one would be rather hard and a lot of work, so that's why I didnt add that option when I made the program.

The settings are saved in the settings.ini file in the program folder. An easier option would be to have the option to save and load settings, it would at least be faster to load a settings file then it would be to change the settings manually.

Shane

Offline theweav

• View Profile
Re: Evelope Printer. Saving envelope settings.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:47:17 am »
Thanks for your response. I will continue to use the program because it is so easy to use.

Ron