Author Topic: pc settings in windows 8.1  (Read 7785 times)

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
pc settings in windows 8.1
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:25:48 am »
Alright this is my first post ever for asking for help  :wink: I'm not looking for help really I just need clarification.
So I used to like windows 8.1 till yesterday. after a nasty malware infected my sisters computer I Cleaned it up perfectly then after all the cleanups I ran the repair tool and fixed the corrupted .cat and .mum files and then I faced the chkdsk it pulled orphaned files and corrupted the ntuser.dat now i'm usually good at fixing corrupted profiles but this one was a pain in my you know what. so long story short i had to activate admin account and recreate a new profile. the pc settings was not opening it would open then minimize and just hang there I ran the repair tool twice. in safe mode still it acted up pc settings would just minimize. so i opened cmd  made a profile with these two commands
Code: [Select]
net user /add temp
Code: [Select]
net localgroup administrators /add temp I wanted to see if another account would do the same thing and sure enough it did. so I was stumped i needed pc settings to work. So I started to think and looked at each individual repairs on the repair program and unchecked all repairs and check marked just 2 repairs. (28.02) repair windows 8 app store (completely reset app store)  and repair 29 repair windows 8 component store. and it fixed the issue but just with that user. Now here is what i need clarification on obviously i need to run these two repairs at the moment on each user but is there a permanent solution to where this issue no longer occurs?

Os= windows 8.1 x64 version 6.3 (build 9600)
Julian

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: pc settings in windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 12:46:14 pm »
I will send you a message about what those repairs do so you can dig into it more :-)

Shane

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 06:57:59 pm »
Thank you Shane perfect answer!
Julian

Offline wael-fawzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:59:29 am »
I will send you a message about what those repairs do so you can dig into it more :-) hello shane same problem here plz send me the solution also

Shane

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 03:47:37 pm »
I will send you a message about what those repairs do so you can dig into it more :-) hello shane same problem here plz send me the solution also

Shane

Working on a solution at the moment give me a bit okay  :wink:
Julian