Author Topic: Dear MSFT, I am switching back to XP3 "not Version 10 either"  (Read 10478 times)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
Nice Day

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dear MSFT, I am switching back to XP3 "not Version 10 either"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:18:08 pm »
Nice Day
alright to be honest XP is not that great. it was better than all it's previous operating systems but the vulnerabilities that won't get patched make it a security risk. (Get ready for all the xp lovers to attack me on this post.) But I stand by NT! Meaning "New technology" you can't be stagnant in the past everything changes you have to kinda go with the flow. If you want everything to be running on new hardware than you are going to need an OS that supports it or good luck building drivers. Not to mention but I love a eye candy GUI Xp in my opinion looked aged. As well as the start menu for XP. No Search option mean's finding things slow.. when I upgraded to vista my complaint was how sensitive the UAC was It acted like sudo but paranoid. Vista was bloated with the all the Microsoft programs as well. Now windows 7 Was vista's Baby brother the "golden child". It was built off the same kernal as vista uac was toned down a bit and you could choose the bloatware you wanted to install from Microsoft. It ran on some low spec hardware like XP did. But here is the kicker The built in firewall in windows 7 is so advanced you can customize that thing to a point that it makes It better than some paid firewall's.

I can go on and on about this but I'll stop here. This is all my opinion I'm not telling you to stay on windows 7 or anything just expressing what I've seen with changes.

P.S.
The reason why that is "the kicker" over anything is because the first defense to an attack from malware or an attacker is a firewall. I look at firewall's like a Jacket in the winter time Won't protect you 100% from a cold but sure will keep you warm and cozy and you are less likey to get a cold. :wink:
Julian

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:33:09 am »
Nice Day
alright to be honest XP is not that great. it was better than all it's previous operating systems but the vulnerabilities that won't get patched make it a security risk. (Get ready for all the xp lovers to attack me on this post.) But I stand by NT! Meaning "New technology" you can't be stagnant in the past everything changes you have to kinda go with the flow. If you want everything to be running on new hardware than you are going to need an OS that supports it or good luck building drivers. Not to mention but I love a eye candy GUI Xp in my opinion looked aged. As well as the start menu for XP. No Search option mean's finding things slow.. when I upgraded to vista my complaint was how sensitive the UAC was It acted like sudo but paranoid. Vista was bloated with the all the Microsoft programs as well. Now windows 7 Was vista's Baby brother the "golden child". It was built off the same kernal as vista uac was toned down a bit and you could choose the bloatware you wanted to install from Microsoft. It ran on some low spec hardware like XP did. But here is the kicker The built in firewall in windows 7 is so advanced you can customize that thing to a point that it makes It better than some paid firewall's.

I can go on and on about this but I'll stop here. This is all my opinion I'm not telling you to stay on windows 7 or anything just expressing what I've seen with changes.

P.S.
The reason why that is "the kicker" over anything is because the first defense to an attack from malware or an attacker is a firewall. I look at firewall's like a Jacket in the winter time Won't protect you 100% from a cold but sure will keep you warm and cozy and you are less likey to get a cold. :wink:

well, guess we know why and how the US Government lost all their data recently; you know, every government and most banks uses XP technology platform right?

sending a fax is so much more private than an email... is that right?

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 01:35:34 am »
Nice Day

P.S.

If your firewall made in china, you still feel SAFE?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 03:46:48 am »
Hi, Going to xp is nice, but so much security vulnerabilities found and corrected in windows 7. Ofcourse, it has its own updation and so much service packs are released and still giving security patches. We have not actually acclaimatized to xp, msoft released win 7 and so on and on.
                                    If even after so much years, if security patches are released on the OS system, then i think that OS win 7 would be a middle path to stay.
                                              It has all the good fixes . I will even try not to go to win 8 , but definitely windows xp sp3 is the best OS used all over , whereever i see .
                                                    The xp was good but related drivers problem in booting is the cause to worry. It wont update drivers on its own. You have to find each drivers and there is a chance that you may find yourself not to get the correct drivers with patch for xp system.
                                                         I had numerous experience of Boot failure, application failures and whatnot in when i used xp. That is not found in win 7 experience.
                                                             There is a thing to be noted, if msoft issues more restrictions, then accessing the internet would be impossible . But, the virus producers are finding it easy to penetrate the XP os than win 7. win7 has so much features, and i think that by the time , that one finds every utility, it would be msoft 25 versions. I am airing my views...
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 03:50:58 am »

The Great Firewall of China can be seen from space.

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 05:51:38 am »

The Great Firewall of China can be seen from space.

the great china firewall is a failure, a true testament is www.baidu.com is pretty much a back door to anywhere or is it they just blocking google?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 06:26:18 am »
Rick,
                        JRT deletes this . Is not it a suspicious site?
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 07:31:27 am »
Rick,

A chinese search engine suspicious?  :rolleyes:

Makes Google look like the Osmonds  :wink:

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 03:56:54 am »
Rick,

A chinese search engine suspicious?  :rolleyes:

Makes Google look like the Osmonds  :wink:

I won't update, not even for free!

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 11:22:42 pm »
lol !  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: I think I too I will go back to my other XP laptop!

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 11:39:26 pm »
Warning;  get out of my system or prepare for battle!

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   GWXUX.exe
  Application Version:   6.3.9600.17923
  Application Timestamp:   55945712
  Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.18869
  Fault Module Timestamp:   55636303
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00032214
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt