Author Topic: WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2012  (Read 7796 times)

Offline wghamilton

• View Profile
WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2012
« on: July 12, 2015, 01:29:35 pm »
After running "tweak repair" or "system tweaks", I started getting the following error when executing "Windows Live Mail 2012" on my Windows 7 laptop: 

"Initialization of RSS feed support failed. RSS feeds could not be updated."

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you

Bill
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:25:29 am by wghamilton, Reason: SOLVED »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:15:13 pm »
Not sure wh any of the tweaks would cause that as none of them touch anything to do with it. but I found a lot of others who have gotten the error and the trick is to simply unsubscribe, or remove the rss from it and the error goes away.

Here is one person who did it
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/initialization-of-rss-feed-support-failed-rss/916b3ad5-83f9-47a0-bb53-7e5c9f35cb7d?auth=1

Another person here simply had to delete a folder as well
http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/280288-windows-live-mail-problem-rss-feed-support.html

I finally deleted the feed subfolders manually and all is ok now. No more message,
Thank's

See if any of those get you fixed up and let me know :wink:

Shane

Offline wghamilton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 09:30:09 am »
Number one; I never really thought that Tweaking Repairs or Performance Tweaks caused my problem.  I asked because everything started about the same time.

Number two:  I had tried the answers.microsoft procedures and others; none of which worked.

Number three:  I wish I could remember where I found this but it worked for me;

Open Internet Explorer, Internet Options, Advanced, click "Reset" (Internet Explorer) Restart Computer
     Open Internet Explorer, Internet Options, Content, Feed Settings, Remove check marks for all advanced options.
     Open Windows Live Mail, click Views, click the Quick Views icon and remove check mark for "Unread Feeds"

I currently do not use RSS feeds.  I clicked Feeds in the Quick View pane and deleted all feeds listed.

The RSS initialization error was gone and then I received a group of Windows Updates.  Because of the updates, I ran Tweak Repairs again.  The RSS initialization error message returned.  I ran the above procedures and it is gone again.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:43:35 pm »
Number three:  I wish I could remember where I found this but it worked for me;

Open Internet Explorer, Internet Options, Advanced, click "Reset" (Internet Explorer) Restart Computer
     Open Internet Explorer, Internet Options, Content, Feed Settings, Remove check marks for all advanced options.
     Open Windows Live Mail, click Views, click the Quick Views icon and remove check mark for "Unread Feeds"

I currently do not use RSS feeds.  I clicked Feeds in the Quick View pane and deleted all feeds listed.

The RSS initialization error was gone and then I received a group of Windows Updates.  Because of the updates, I ran Tweak Repairs again.  The RSS initialization error message returned.  I ran the above procedures and it is gone again.

Awesome :-)

I am curious to what triggered the error in the first place. But good to know you have a way to have it go away. I myself would like to find the cause, but that might be a hard one lol

Shane