Author Topic: Repair keeps failing to start  (Read 5181 times)

Offline exquisitepotato

• View Profile
Repair keeps failing to start
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:54:35 am »
Hello, I've been having some issues. I followed each step in the process in order, and did the optional settings, but when I try to run
"Reset file permissions" in the repair tool, it keeps saying that
"This repair is hidden by Windows itself"
How do I fix this? Yes I was running in safe mode.

I'm running windows vista basic sp2. I tried running the beta repair, but the command console just keeps repeating 'System could not find the path' or something like that.

Furthermore, unchecking this repair and running the rest, and works so to speak (it runs) but doesn't solve my issue. In the command prompts that pop up, I see a whole wall of text saying "No permissions" over and over, or "File not found".

Thanks a lot!
Here's the issue I was trying to fix:
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3dttkl/i_messed_with_the_registers_using_subinacl_and/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:25:47 am by exquisitepotato, Reason: Tried beta repair »

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Repair keeps failing to start
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:41:12 am »
- The message "This repair is hidden by Windows" means that it is running but you won't see any details. But you will see the gauges in the left hand bottom of the GUI change. That the sign the repair is running/busy.
- Enable the output to be shwon in the CMD.exe windows (in "Settings"), run the repairs again and hit the "Pause" button, make a screen shot and post the screenshots. Then we can have a look at the error messages.

Offline exquisitepotato

• View Profile
Re: Repair keeps failing to start
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:01:22 pm »
Hello, sorry. It kept failing without hope.

However, my solution to the problem was to reinstall windows altogether and that worked :)

Thanks anyway