Author Topic: virtual  (Read 58931 times)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: virtual
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:09 am »
When your scan shows any thing thats says "Generic" in it, it is 90% of the time a false positive.

The fact that you did a fresh install and things are still working odd makes me wonder if it is a hardware problem.

Have you done a bad sector check on the hard drive and tested the memory yet?

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 02:07:25 pm »
I did a chkdsk this morning havent done a memory in a while I will now this computer only 2 moths maybe 3 months old.

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 04:37:12 pm »
http://www.macecraft.com/services/hosts/hosts This link i found in a hidden temp internet file is this normal for host file.. I thiught it was just suppose to be LocalHost 127.0.0.1

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 11:16:38 pm »
It is suppose to be just the 1 entry.

That site makes a list of known bad sites, you put them into your host file to keep your system from going to them.

I never do that though. Every single connection your system makes has to loop through that file. It WILL slow the internet down on the system because of those lookups. :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 06:07:33 am »
Then where or why would I have things like that...Now I am back to showing my normal server.. Should I delete those usb hard drives that are showing...I guess Ill just keep deleting files that don't belong but most of them just keep coming back..Should I have all the user files and registry keys...Again Thank-You...

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 07:28:09 am »
these drives might say generic but they are there.....This is also the first time in I dont know how long when I do a command prompt for diskpart that it says my computer name usually says minint or something close and instead of saying system32 it says x:\system.. Dont know why things are startingto look normal but would like to know how to keep this way and what was messing with it... Cuz I would be willing to bet things will change...

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 08:16:03 am »
ever seen this before this was in a hidden history file...http://www.elahmad.com/getURL.swf

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 03:26:33 pm »
Those drive letters showing up is nothing to worry about.

It just looks like you have a card reader in your system. And they each get a drive letter :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 08:44:32 pm »
zlet me ask you this.. Since my computer only couple moths old.. Still under warr.. So hp gonna send new install discs.. Gonna do hopefully a clean install any ideas for security and how to get my software in clean..

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 10:41:17 am »
I myself just use the free version of Avast antivirus.

Make sure your behind a router and you dont really need a software firewall.

And just make sure to keep java and flash up to date as that is how a lot of viruses from infected sites get in.

Other than that just be careful deleting things out of the registry as it will break Windows :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 04:05:02 pm »
I do appreciate all your help... I wonder if my router has not been invaded.. The password does not work.. I dont know Im loosing control on this one again...It keeps telling me I dont have the authority or just access denined...Your software is awsome ad thanks for the time .. I have visited and will again your donation page...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 04:28:09 pm »
You can always do a reset to put the router back to defaults :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 04:25:53 pm »
have to be able to get into it to do that I thought.. Anyway I have lost any useability of my computer.. I running a rescue disk mini xp to contact you.. It says cannot find my user profile.. So log on with other and everything I try to do says cannot find path make sure spelled correctly..Did use malware bytes and got 12 trojans avast found 2 but still not working did safemode andtryed a restore to no avail... When it boots comes to a screen that says hold down space bar and hit anyother key to load previous mbr but did not seem to work. Screen goes by so fast did not get all detail.. But again there is something wrong and what ever it is it is very nasty...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »
Routers have a reset button on the back of them :wink:

Looks like something really hosed the machine. Either hardware, a virus, or you deleted something on accident. Anyway a reinstall is a good idea, as long as all the hardware is good of course.

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »
these look normal in a hidden file in C: called totalcmd also languages

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 12:33:24 pm »
totalcmd?

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 07:00:22 pm »
I take it that is not where I should find those logs....Totalcmd is the name of the file where I found those logs and another file named languages...Like I said many files that arent mine.. Trying to find out anything cuz just did factory reset and will bet wont be long before I have to do again

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 02:56:11 pm »
Never heard of totalcmd.

So I looked it up and found
http://www.ghisler.com/

Looks like you installed something that is overtaking some things in Windows, which could explain a lot of your problems :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2012, 11:03:07 am »
I have done a "clean" install twice since my last post.. Before this one tryed to wipe disk with kill disk.. It showed One partition that held my system another with operating system #2 and an unallocated unactive partition that could not be deleted.. So before hooking up to internet I ran your program system info... Wondering how it looks to you.. Remember no internet install with  hp factory disk.. Yours was the first program I ran.... Any ideas.. This is getting really old any help would be much appreciated....

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 12:48:04 pm »
When you used their restore disks it put everything back to the way it was when it came from the store.

I hate the default installs. Was hoping you had a normal install disk and would install fresh without all their crap lol.

What problems are you still having after the restore?

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 05:25:09 pm »
Well had to do another instal... Went to reboot got the old blue screen...So I tryed all I knew (wich is very limited).. But did find that bios is running free dos7.5 did not think that normal...Also those drives that were showing up as usb hard drives generic now showing as floppy that could not be accessed by kill disk when trying to wipe...Im using my laptop that is having same issues.. Fresh install from a oem windows disk here is the log from your system info on this ine

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 10:49:10 am »
Fresh reinstalls shouldn't be giving you trouble unless you have something wrong with the hardware.

The bios couldn't be running free dos, I think you might mean something else. :wink:

Also remember that the extra drive letters are normal. You have a card reader install on the system, each slot will get a drive letter. This is normal. :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 07:00:31 pm »
what ive been reading...According to the software I ran it was.. But My knowledge is only what Ive learned chasing this....I need to find software or away of seeing things that the norm doesnt show.. Even if I click devices and printers then click on my computer name then harware it shows drives devices that dont normally show.. Even windows defender offline shows 3 more drives then I can see with any thing I no of....I do know my server is not right I still cant get into my router still have static ip that is diffrent then what ipconfig shows.. Was using comodo virus and firewall but was blocking everything i wanted and I gues letting everything else threw... I did a leakage test pretty vonerable... When I went to uninstall showed 2 sepereate versions uninstaller would not work.. Got a hold of there tek people geek buddy what a joke they used every tool they had and said reboot I lost internet connection had to reload eithernet ... Not showing up as a running program but when I reboot get ab error message from it saying it is not running...I dont know if this is normal but says 2 users on my computer I showmyself uas running from my computer as a domain .. I show system as user name running NTauthority.. I show Local computer as username runinng under NTauthority...I can go on and on.. This on a factory disk install afyer wiping disk less then20 hours ago.. I will send this to you agaain maybe make sence to you... I have no network just me no virtual..

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 11:20:25 am »
So far I can tell that some things you think are problems are not.

While other things I am not fully understanding as you describe them :wink:

How old is the system and is it still under warranty by any chance?

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 12:38:53 pm »
2 months... Yes it is but the last one isnt it was 8 months...