Author Topic: virtual  (Read 58935 times)

Offline me

• View Profile
Re: virtual
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »
Tell me these logs and screen shots are normal and I will consider myself crazy and never touch a computer again...On screen shots check out the 2 c drives C:\ and the other is C:\...... and there is an error message in the shot also...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 10:42:41 am »
So you went into a folder on the C:\ drive that was labeled "..."

When you went into it it had everything on C: listed again but you cant access anything.

Your right, that shouldnt be there. A program had to of made that. It is a folder with a symbiotic link back to the C:\ drive.

You can use this to view if there are any setup for that folder
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 01:41:00 pm »
I could not get program to work.. System does that... But I ran another program I have that will show you the same... I think.. I have been trying to get this question answered for months what do these junction type files mean....Did you get a chance to look at the log file I sent..Again... THANK-YOU........

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 09:31:43 pm »
A junction is a link.

So a folder can be pointed to a different path.

Where this helps would be programs that try to access the old paths say to the profile paths.

So a program tries to go to C:\Documents and Settings. On XP this is fine but In Vista and 7 it is in a new area. So by having a junction (Windows has this one by default) and point it to the new path the old program will still work fine :-)

C:\\Documents and Settings
Type is JUNCTION
Final Destination:
C:\Users

The file you attached shows all normal junction points.

It didnt list the ... folder on the C: drive.

Some installed program has to of created it. Windows doesn't create that one by default.

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 08:21:21 am »
Thanks doesnt make sence to me but... T he program you wanted me to run I cant it goes threw all the moitions and then flasshes awaay...So did some checking the info I saw was to use net freame work or visual..Well could not get in could not uninstal could  not install ran a cmd said fatal error no inputs anyway.. Did a little more checking and the error that comes up when you try to open something on that drive is the program looking for unavailible either on a network or platform not availible.. The files say 0 bytes...So  did a search for modems came up with 2 folders that  have all pictures tryed to open in note pad but just jumble.. I sent an attachment with some of those files.. Then I unplugged and disconnected my router and ran a dns scan on my local ip 127.0.0.1 threw 127.0.0.255 and got 16 diffrent ping replies....Thought that not good....I did manage to get in my router for a few before I got shut down and it shows in the internal settings an ip for router as 10.93.21.45.. But when checked not the right one..now when I do ipconfig shows my ip as 192.168.0.10 I get diffrent when I go to whats my ip or any site....My computer is now Host ip 92.242.144.50 also show as workstation and terminal server...[email]Sorry for the way attachment is but only way it would go.. Sent a reply cant get it to load

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 10:33:42 am »
The pictures you sent are normal. They are added by the manufacture.

And your IP is fine.

Your modem/Router has the internet IP and it gives your computer a local IP.

A router takes the one internet connection and routes it to multiple devices. So it hands out its own local IP like 192.168.

If you need to host anything on a computer you just setup port forwarding rules
http://www.pcwintech.com/what-port-forwarding-nutshell

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2012, 09:35:14 am »
I know you think Im crazy.. Along with many more but I had to do a reinstall again.. It was so bad that it said installer had no authority to open a file... All I no is there is somthing wrong.. With a unplugged and disconnected router that I still cant get in With the program you suggested 16 pings returns with 0 packet loss ip range 127.0.0.1-255 I know local....shouldnt happen I loked at some log files here is a copy... I asked this question before why am I a workstation-stand a lone server.. Also those s1... files you will see are messing with my registry....a couple belarc reports and screen shot of usb devices connected to ports i disconected 2 on bottom.. they show up as generic.. So false positive??????

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:59 pm »
I know you think Im crazy..

Just a little, but then again so am I lol  :wink:

Honestly I think you have a hardware problem. If it is under warranty I think you should replace it while you still can.

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2012, 05:28:10 pm »
I really wish it was that easy.. Just got home fired it up...I didnt put a password for me yet but low and be hold I couldnt get into my system without one....Getting the password reset I discovered that I also have listed as a user is $Homegroupusers...Did  you have a chance to look at those system logs of warnings programs not opening or opening users keeping register keys open...All the holes in my security...That if I knew how to fix I would the one about being able to access my system from internet worries as do most of the others...I also have a laptop that is less then a year old that will not load windows correctly faught this same fight with it till I could not get it to work any more.. So I got this one same problems...I find some interesting software that I know did not come with windows some of it works with 95 98 ME XP but not Vista or 7... Also cant use software that loads from shell just flshs away...I have 3  2005 microsoft visul c ++ one is 64 bit other 2 not  sure have microsoft framework.net clent profile 2 of them  3 2008 and 2  2010.. The ones that really make me wonder are the 2  MSXmL SP2.. I thought those were for XP or at least service pack 2..Ialso found 7 HP.. programs that were listed as not correctly installed 4 of them are for HP touch smart I dont have that.. Alot of what is in those logs are about touch smart programs and 2 of the other are the same program they were ok earlier....Now I know that I have problems with the voices......But something is going on.. I know very little about computers but I do know what is going on with mine when things are diffrent.. This plyredy runtime pc 2 other programs that worry me... Maybe I think like I do is because whaen all this started happening and know one would listen I had to check some other avenues we will say.. And all these orograms that are microsoft that I just said I had Ive heard stories of coding networking aquirying liceces... they all seem to fit with this whole beleaf in this zombie network...I just want it gone.... Again THANK-YOU...you seem like a very interesting and careing individual...Love the attitude you put forth.. Your profile pic is awsome makes quite a statement.....

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 05:40:55 pm »
Some of the things you see are normal for a Windows install, other things are not.

What you REALLY need to do is not do a factory reinstall, but a fresh Windows only install.

You will need to get a copy of the Windows install of the net, but then you will have a clean fresh install of Windows. No extra programs that come preinstalled on the factory restore.

It has to be the preinstalled software from the manufacture that you are seeing these changes. I NEVER use the factory installs. In fact when my customers get a store bought machine the first thing I do is format it and install Windows fresh. :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:51 pm »
I have a windows disk I purchased.. Until 2 installs ago thats what I used because there recovery was corrupt if that is what you mean that should work... My laptop will tell me that windows cannot be installed not right format... I can get it to run but not right.. I usally have problem no network devise realtek eithernet..This last install there were 3 adapters did not even have to configure for server... suppose to of been formatted disk

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »
When you reinstall you will need the drivers for the hardware.

Download the network card drivers fo rit first, save them to a thumb drive.

Then when you boot off the Windows cd it will start the setup. When you get to where it shows the hard drive I want you to delete all the partitions. So when done you will just have one large partition.

Then install Windows on there. When done load the network card drivers and you can get on the net and use Windows updates to pull the rest. Any it misses you can get from the mfg website. :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »
Ill give it a shot and let you know...Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2012, 06:25:21 pm »
I will be here :-)

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2012, 02:00:16 pm »
Just an update if interested... Before I hac the chance to do much started having major problems could not use programs etc... So my mind set is to find out as much as I can and no one really wants to talk or answer questions I can understand so I start looking more agressively...Did another check on my bios after you telling me that free dos couldnt be there not disputing sometimes I dont explain well.. So I checked for extentions and this is what came up...FreeDos 7.01 running
Advanced power management not activated or not accessible...
Plug and Play Bios V1.0
Pci Bios V3.0
IBM/MS IntelV0.3
System mannagement Bios V2.7
Desktop management interface V2.7
Vesa Bios V3.0
VBE power management V1.0
Accellerated function not actuated PCMCI socket services..
May be normal I dont know but that V worries me...Maybe you could enliten me.. Also can you point me where I can do some research on S1 user files
Again Thanks
My Norton thats what Im running now has picked up a couple bad files and a couple other programs have done the same...

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2012, 02:02:04 pm »
What is the make and model of your system and I will check the mfg site for a bios update and more info on the type of bios :wink:

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »
According to them there is no update but this is all greek to me HP pavilion p71225 windows 7 premium 64 bit

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2012, 03:24:19 pm »
Wow first time I have never seen a bios update for store bought computers lol

They do have a hardware tester
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-102716-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5230179&sw_lang=

Might be a good idea just to make sure the hardware is good.

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2012, 06:19:37 pm »
I downloaded it as soon as I could see the cd player does not want to cooperate... I delt with hp a couple times.. I have heard a story or two that  it is a good point to latch on toooo...As soon as I did a reload i down loaded it and hearing you saying maybe that I have used it memory ck disk everything I can think of....There are a couple more little quirks... My system time and actual time do not match.. Windows cant correct...My screen jumps maybe a third of the way.. Annoying when trying to read I bounce it back but probly doesnt matter....On a security log said my guest account had unlimited access may be a risk.. Use to have a picture for my account now on log in page there is just a frame a blank frame use to show administrater with pic and guest with pick all were passwordrd for the good that does... When this happened earlier My  password was diffrent I can be sure of that cuz didnt have one......Goodd thing im pretty good at picking a lock...Now your going to really think I lost it... But I have a couple very helpful programs that either totally dissapair or you just cant find them..

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2012, 08:45:17 pm »
Maybe you can help... The internet is not the place to get answers if you dont already know.. I keep getting error cant open program you are missing netapi32.dll try reinstalling...According to search everything I havs 14 difrent locations where that file is checked out afew and there it is....I know deeper then that I cant access user accounts and a few other things...

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »
You get we will say tired of hearing from me let me know....You have steered me in a directon of things are alot more understandable....I ran a couple programs to check access and other things that lot of empty spots and ??? sent you a couple alook at connections... thought it was interesting there all double...Starting to understand junctions and parsing thanks.. Do have quite a few files thats cant be opened for diffrent reasons....the cryoto machine keys kinda worry me... I found a couple virtual but pc locks or get an error when trying to check them out..

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »
After hearing of so many odd problems, and knowing that you did fresh installs and things are still going nuts.

To put it simply a system should and wont act this way after a fresh install unless the hardware is bad.

I truly believe you have bad hardware, and I really think you should get the system replaced while you still can.  :wink:

When it comes to bad hardware there is nothing you can do to make it better except replace the bad hardware.

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2012, 10:25:22 am »
I know you think hardware.. Tryed to do a instal off just windows not work did disk wipe and tryed.. nope tryed factory nope keep getting redirected.. so did some checking... Remember told you my bios  was running freedos 7.1.. Now with disk wiped it shows not only bios extentions but name of system is freedos 7.1 and do you have any ideas suggestions people to talk with

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:51 am »
Freedos isnt a bios but just an old school OS before Windows.

FreeDOS is a free DOS-compatible operating system that can be used to play games, run legacy software, or support embedded systems. FreeDOS is basically like the old MS-DOS, but better! For example, unlike MS-DOS, FreeDOS lets you access FAT32 file systems and use large disk support (LBA).

http://www.freedos.org/

A lot of companies use it when they need to run things in dos out side of Windows. So I can see HP having that on the system in order for you to run their tools outside of Windows. But again, it wont be part of the bios. Most likely installed on the HP partition on the drive.

Shane

Offline me

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2012, 07:17:23 pm »
If your interested..Tryed to get a copy but wouldnt happen..While in windows it showed my disk.. But when I tryed to wipe disk and check system info on diffrent programs it showed as a clone..Operating system showed as freedos 7.15.. Even in windows when you went to add or remove programs said no programs installed.. My C drive showed up as one of the 4 usb hard drives...It got to the point that could not load the windows disk the way I wanted.. The factory disc would not load at all they would boot to the repair recovery screen. Then say this computer does not support that option...I think this will be more prevlent then what yu think..I hope some time soon I can find some one or someway to help prevent it from happening again and how to detecr and keep out...Thank-You for your time and knowledge...