Author Topic: (solved)SFC found files it couldn't repair  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Tacotardis42

• View Profile
(solved)SFC found files it couldn't repair
« on: August 03, 2015, 08:35:05 pm »
While having some very minor computer problems, I ran SFC and I forget the exact wording, but it mentioned it couldn't repair some files. At request, I can check the log at give you the file info for the broken ones. I checked with find... and found 8 problems. Is there any way you can help? I am on 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. Update: I checked the files, and they were 4 copies of utc.app.json and 4 copies of telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json . I forgot to check the date, put I'm pretty sure those are repeats from when I ran SFC before.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:12:27 pm by Tacotardis42 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SFC found files it couldn't repair
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 01:16:05 am »
They are the errors that have been generated by KB3068708 and SFCFix.exe usually resolves those. http://thetechcookbook.com/automatic-sfc-corruption-repair-sfcfix-exe/

Reboot and run sfc /scannow again after you have run that to see if they've been resolved.

If you want to post the CBS Log, run a cmd prompt as an admin and enter -

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will put an icon onto the desktop which when double clicked will open the CBS Log into Notepad which you can then copy & paste into the reply box.