Author Topic: Issues with Reboot to Safe Mode  (Read 5700 times)

Offline ubtchanova

• View Profile
Issues with Reboot to Safe Mode
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:56:06 am »
Well, I was fixing to use the Windows Repair v3.4.0 tool, and clicked the "Reboot to Safe Mode." I rebooted to my logon account (an Outlook.com account) and it asked for my password.  I've forgotten it since whenever I have been logging into windows, I've been using a four-digit code. SO, even cold boots are bringing my machine up in Safe Mode! How in the world do I get my system to boot as normal so that I can use the 4-digit code?  (I have logged on to Outlook.com and changed my password... however using the new password on this Safe logon screen is not working.  Help, please!

Offline ubtchanova

• View Profile
Re: Issues with Reboot to Safe Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 06:10:09 am »
Well, after going through every password I could remember possibly using, I typed in the one that got me into Windows 8.1 in SAFE MODE.  Now, if I reboot, am I going to be able to reboot "normally," or am I going to have to do something special to logon normally?  Thank you!

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 09:48:28 am »
Shoot lol can you access recovery environment open up cmd and type bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot
Mash the f8 button when choosing restart in the login menu then open the cmd prompt.
Julian

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:59:21 am »
The program changes the boot manager to have the system start in safe mode. Once you log into safe mode there is a run once command that changes the boot manager back to normal, so you should be fine once you get logged in :-)

Also once logged in you can also open up msconfig and change the boot option there as well.

Shane