Author Topic: Windows 10 stays in Safety mode after using the program  (Read 6117 times)

Offline bgt

• View Profile
Windows 10 stays in Safety mode after using the program
« on: August 10, 2015, 06:12:59 am »
How to get to normal mode again?
using version 3.40

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 stays in Safety mode after using the program
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:49:33 am »
Did you successfully login to the user account after you ran the program to reboot into safe mode? If yes And after the restart it reboots you to safe mode just push the reboot to safe mode button again let it boot up log into your account after you are fully logged in open the start menu and hit restart it should take you out of safe mode Shanes program adds a registry key  to kick it out of safe mode on reboot after you login on safe mode.
Julian

Offline bgt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:15:49 am »
found it already. Msconfig stayed in safe mode.  just switched to normal mode. Had this problem on 2 pc's I did with the new version.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 11:39:19 am »
What version of windows?

How the program sets safe mode is the same way msconfig does, it calls and sets the safeboot option to the boot manager. Then my program puts in the command in the runonce section of the registry so that when you login it will run again and put it back to normal boot.

So if it isnt changing back I want to find out why, when you boot into safe mode did you log into the same user account that you set it with or another account? Which shouldnt matter as the run once is put at
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

Perhaps it would be a good idea for me to have the program detect when it is in safe mode and run the command to put it to normal just in case.

Shane