Author Topic: SetACL 3, Class not registered, regsvr32, etc (Fixed)  (Read 5494 times)

Offline Whitefox

• View Profile
SetACL 3, Class not registered, regsvr32, etc (Fixed)
« on: August 15, 2015, 08:03:46 pm »
Hey guys! I will try to keep this short with all the information I have garnered. After reading a few threads here, I see someone else has the issue with SetACL 3 has crashed.

Windows 7 Ult x64, SP 1.

I ran your windows repair v3.4.1 after regular login (no safemode). Did all the pre-steps, and backups. CHKDSK somehow ran in read-only mode, so nothing was fixed (I think).  I ran ALL repairs except 16, 28,29, 30.

I had a "SetACL 3 has crashed" error message during the repair.

The logs show me repair icons did not work as access was denied. Some temp files could not be deleted as they are currently in use (entirely normal if you ask me, as this was not ran in safemode). The following commands were not found: int 6to4 reset all (etc etc etc), as they are probably not needed as stated in another thread here.
File not found - C:\Windows\SysWoW64\catroot2\*.*
Could Not Find C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat
Could Not Find C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat
Path not found - C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the file specified.
Path not found - C:\Windows\system32\catroot2
File not found - C:\Windows\system32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.TM*
File not found - C:\Windows\system32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.blf
File not found - C:\Windows\system32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.regtrans-ms
Could Not Find C:\Windows\system32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.TM*
Could Not Find C:\Windows\system32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.blf
Could Not Find C:\Windows\system32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.regtrans-ms
Could Not Find C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup\*.*
The directory is not empty.

All the other logs appear to be normal. However, I now have a "Microsoft Management Console: Class not registered" error when I try to run services, event viewer, and other tasks after running the repairs.

I tried a "FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G"
It will search for all .dll files and will register them with the regsvr32 command." fix in CMD as per microsoft forums and other forums, but after doing so, I now see that users have experienced more issues with corrupts restore/backup points. Also, an error with runtime error r6034 regsvr32 exe has come up. I am also stuck with a "Device IO control (read) !! (6)" error my desktop which appears to be from asus ai suite.

I am willing to restore registry from the tweaking backup (if they are not corrupted now), but it will not help other users find the cause or fix to the issue at hand. I am leaving the pc on for the fear of shutting it down and not being able to properly boot/login due to dumb CMD changes being permanently saved from the restart.

I am tech savvy, but when it comes down to the nut and bolts of how your OS and services run, I am clueless. I am so thankful there are those who are more savvy about this kind of stuff, like the wonderful person who made the program!!  :smiley:

Edit: I have no sound and a bunch of other stuff is missing. I restored from registry backup, but I cannot system restore. I click the button on the program and nothing. I went into control panel, and the 'backup and restore' page is completely blank.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:12:59 pm by Whitefox »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: SetACL 3, Class not registered, regsvr32, etc
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:51:47 pm »
v3.4.2 is released :-)

As for the files not found that show in the log file you can ignore those. I write the repairs to handle a lot and sometimes some things are not on the system, that is ok.

Since setacl was crashing the reg permissions where not being set right. I worked my butt off all last week to fix that and a few more things and things seem to be better than ever with it, so try the new version and let me know the results :wink:

Shane

Offline Whitefox

• View Profile
Re: SetACL 3, Class not registered, regsvr32, etc (Fixed)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 03:17:18 pm »
Hello again! I have fixed the errors with some cmd commands before I ran the updated program. The program no longer gives the setacl 3 issue, nor issues with "class not registered". I think it is fix all together :)