Author Topic: Help on a BSOD  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Fundamental

• View Profile
Help on a BSOD
« on: August 10, 2015, 05:21:10 pm »
I keep getting the same BSOD, I'm not sure what's causing it.

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 8/11/2015 12:01:15 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081015-11793-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4B2AEC)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80076CB8F8, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 8/10/2015 11:56:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x00000000)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8008013028, 0xBF800000, 0x124)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed.
Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

That report is from the program "WhoCrashed" maybe it'll tell you guys what's going on.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Help on a BSOD
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:49:58 am »
I looked up the error, I havent seen this one before, and found this

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557321%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Which states that it is due to a hardware problem. Either memory, video or bad sectors on the drive.

It is possible that a driver could be doing it. Is there anything you are doing when the bsod happens or is it totally random? have you ran any hardware checks yet, such as testing the memory and scannign the drive for bad sectors?

Shane

Offline Fundamental

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 11:24:38 am »
Well I have updated all the hardware drivers, I know for sure they're up to date. I have also run chkdsk and that was fine too. The only thing I haven't done is update Windows because every time I attempt to, it BSOD'S. Even if I dont attempt to after a few minutes it BSOD'S or just restarts on its own. But I have not run any memory checks or anything to checm the gpu/cpu.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 11:58:59 am »
Since it seems to be random I would do a memory check for sure. :wink:

Shane

Offline Fundamental

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 01:27:24 pm »
I ran a mdsched.exe, extended, and 7 passes and everything turned out good. No errors.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:54:06 pm »
Then testing the cpu and gpu next would be a good idea.

Shane

Offline Fundamental

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 02:50:31 pm »
I ran a cpu stresser, and it said that it didn't find errors. I ran two test for about 14 minutes each. Than I did a test where it runs the cpu and ram simultaneously and every was fine. After that i had to get off safe mode to run the test for the gpu. I did it on Furmark, and surprisingly, the 12 minutes I ran the program the computer didnt BSODs or restart. Im not sure if you recommend another program or an amount of time to leave it running. Im just speculating that its not cooling correctly. My case doesnt really cool everything very well and im using intels heatsink for my cpu. So i don't know.

Offline Fundamental

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 03:00:43 pm »
Didn't mean this

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:25:12 am »
Well you did say the chkdsk did fix some things, and everything else is testing fine. Any blue screens since the last chkdsk?

Shane

Offline Fundamental

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 11:49:43 am »
Yeah. Yesterday after I finished testing the gpu I went shutdown the pc and in the middle of shutting down it BDOS. I didn't bother turning it on after that.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 01:35:25 pm »
I am starting to wonder if you have a weak or failing power supply. Of course I also had a machine that past every test I threw at it but it would still have random crashes, turned out to be the motherboard, I had swapped out and replaced every part to find the cause.

Can you get another WhoCrashed log uploaded to be by any chance?

Shane