Author Topic: Is there any trick to make google to show the pages visited at its first page  (Read 9995 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Whenever i google for something. it would show the search item link available and some would contain that YOU have visited this page on     .....
                          Normally google remembers your search and come with this.
                                  But is there any tip or trick available so that if you google it, it place the pages you have visited in google on the subject at the first page of its search results?.
                                              My emphasis is on each word in my query marked as BOLD.
                                                         Sometime, we may totally erase all the search results including cookies of the pages we have browsed. In this circumstance, the search results that one visit may be helpful to get to the link immediately.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
I don't know about Google, as you may remember, I am not a fan  :wink:

But you could accomplish the same thing by using the Firefox location bar. Go into Firefox options > privacy > set remember history > set when using the location bar, suggest: history.

Obviously only works for your saved history and using the location bar for seaches  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I know about saved history of the pages visited.
 But i want tips regarding google showing the pages i have visited on a particular topic. Say, trouble shooting windows update.
                                    I only wanted google to show the pages i visited in this topic, ie, windows updates to be shown in the first page of my search. No harm in showing other results also, after showing the pages i visited on this topic on this computer

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Hi, I know about saved history of the pages visited.

Did you follow this too?
set when using the location bar, suggest: history.

Smple solution would be to set up a temporary weekly/daily bookmarks folder, I often do that or based on subjects.... nothing worse than not being able to find that useful/ important web page again.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, I mean if you say has:annexure in gmail, you get all the mails that have enclosures. Likewise, if i enclose anything, google must show the search .

Offline Samson

• View Profile
OK, well it looks like you can. (Maybe you should have Googled it  :wink:)

See this article.

http://googlesystem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/how-to-find-visited-pages-in-google.html

Especially where it states........"Google also has a search filter that lets you restrict the results to visited pages. Just click "More search tools" in the sidebar and select "Visited pages". For pages you're visiting frequently, Google shows an annotation below the snippet: "You've visited this page X times."

Dependent upon..."If you're logged in using your Google Account and Web History is enabled"

I don't know if it works or not, not a Google user myself.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, For your information,
                                       I am using firefox and firefox inturn uses google search engine.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
So did you try what is in that link?

You will need to search via Google, and sign in to your Google account for it to work.

https://www.google.co.in/

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, It only relates to the previous history.
                      I want to have the pages visited by me for the particular item to be shown at first page, if i attempt at present. Hi, Samson, hope that i made it clear now.
                                   You may as well see my query, wherein i have mentioned about deleting the previous history as well .
                                 The search items with my pages visited at first in google first page. I also have searched with google link that you have listed.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
OK.

You will have to sign in and create a Google account, if you don't already have one.

Then search (when signed in) using The Google India page that I linked to.

Then following the other link, search under "more search tools", selecting visited pages. This will only work from the time that you sign in and your Google searches/ page visits are saved on their servers in your account. (So. if you start doing that, today, then today will be day 1)

Have you done this?

Hi, It only relates to the previous history.

All history is previous, that is unless you have cracked time travel  :wink: