Author Topic: (Solved) Partitioned local hard drive  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Lady

• View Profile
(Solved) Partitioned local hard drive
« on: August 17, 2015, 03:49:59 am »
Hi guys,

I managed to partition C: into C: D: and E: for Windows program files, my personal files and my music files respectively. I think I'm SO COOL right now, 'cause I thought that I couldn't do that and it was pretty scary to do!  :omg:  :cheesy:

Could you please check my screenshot of the present state of the partitions whether everything is okay? There are more partitions and I just wanna be sure everything is fine as it is now or maybe something can be improved.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:01:58 pm by Lady »
To Fear no guarantees are ever strong enough.
To Love none are necessary.

Offline Lady

• View Profile
Re: Partitioned local hard drive
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:59:20 am »
Oh, I noticed I still had to click Apply to finalize the latest changes in my Partitioning Adventure.  :smiley:

Here the latest screenshot. Maybe it's different somehow now.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 09:42:19 am »
gpt is amazing compared to mbr so you can have multiple partitions on one hdd mbr was limited to only 3 or 4 I think and had issues with more than that. from what I can see on the pictures it looks like you partitioned then correctly. now keep in mind when you run the pre scan on the windows repair tool and your music videos etc are on a different partition it will show up as a reparse point. you can ignore that if you see it in the future.  :wink:
Julian

Offline Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:07:11 am »
Thanks, Julian! Also for the tip about Windows Repair. Super! You guys are amazing in helping us out. So grateful!!!

That made me think: it might be a good idea to run Windows Repair now before I start using the laptop for real, because I have done a number of re-installations now. [Don't ask, I'm DONE with re-installing!  :omg: Although I'm getting better and faster at it each time!  :cheesy:] Also, because I read that partitioning might cause deletion or damaging? of files and the only files I left on the laptop before partitioning were the Windows files, of course.

Is that a good idea? I have a screenshot of the Windows files that are present now. I'll send it along.