Author Topic: BlackBerry Link and Error 1603  (Read 6332 times)

Offline SRoper

• View Profile
BlackBerry Link and Error 1603
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:55:02 am »
Before the release of v3.4.2 I had been trying to install BlackBerry Link. However, the installation failed everytime shortly after I launched it and the eventviewer showed this to be an error 1603. Subsequent to the release of v3.4.2 I have been trying again to install the software. Now the installation is almost completed but just before the installation is completed it rolls back. Again, the eventviewer shows this as an error 1603. The messages shown during the latter part of the installation move very fast so its difficult to see precisely when the rollback starts to happen. However I think the two preceeding messages before the roll back are "Writing registery values" and then "Installing new services". After that the installation rolls back. I've attached screenshots showing the errors from the eventviewer. I am running Windows 7.
Most sincere thanks for giving this attention, stephen

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: BlackBerry Link and Error 1603
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:02:05 am »
Looks like there is a custom VSS writer installed and is causing problems. Do you have any backup software installed?

Shane

Offline SRoper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »
Thanks Shane. I have Norton Ghost installed.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 01:30:27 pm »
OK so I looked into it more and the 1603 error is very very vague on what it means. Do you happen to have the install log from the installer so IO can see where it is having trouble at?

Shane

Offline SRoper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 07:36:52 pm »
Dear Shane. Most sincere thanks for looking into this. Please could you guide me - where do I find the install log that you wish to see? I use Windows 7. Sincere thanks, stephen