Author Topic: System error when attempting to download Tweaking  (Read 6146 times)

Offline KWinNYC

• View Profile
System error when attempting to download Tweaking
« on: August 22, 2015, 10:23:51 pm »

Hi-  I have a desktop PC with Windows 7.  I just got notified that I could upgrade to Windows 10-  but in doing so I got an error code 80070005.  Researching this code online, one of the suggestions was to try Tweaking.  The user who posted that was able to fix whatever Windows issue he had and successfully install W10.

Well, my attempt to download your repair brought up a NEW error code: System error &H8007007e (-214024770).  I searched your forum to see if anyone else has gotten this- but I seem to be the first one.  I have been having some PC "sloooowwwness" issues and a tech guy suggested that my Windows could be corrupted.  But I don't have a repair disc and doubt HP would have any of W7.  I will probably have to take the issue to Windows, but thought I would bring it up in the Tweaking Forum, just in case there are any fixes that would allow me to install the program (and fix my W7!)

Thanks!

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: System error when attempting to download Tweaking
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 10:30:50 pm »
have you yet to run a sfc /scannow and chkdsk on your hard drive ? the first thing you need to do before anything : )

and what the antivirus you have ? make sure to Temporarily disable it and see if you can to download the WR !
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:46:43 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline KWinNYC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:22 am »
Thanks for those suggestions, Gamezertruth!  I also found a W7 restore disc and will try that once it arrives.  I use Microsoft Security Essentials plus Malwarebytes- and will be sure to disable both when I eventually try to install W10 again.

Your help is much appreciated!  :smiley:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:41:08 am »
Thanks for those suggestions, Gamezertruth!  I also found a W7 restore disc and will try that once it arrives.  I use Microsoft Security Essentials plus Malwarebytes- and will be sure to disable both when I eventually try to install W10 again.

Your help is much appreciated!  :smiley:

you’re Welcome  :smiley: