Author Topic: @ Gamezertruth  (Read 6638 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
@ Gamezertruth
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:30:21 am »
I wasn't aware that Comodo came bundled with PrivDog - Sorry.

While there are multiple Google links to uninstall PrivDog, I've picked this one out as it illustrates removing bits from the registry as it has been known to come back after uninstalling it from Programs and Features - but disregard the bit about downloading Max Uninstaller.

http://maxuninstaller.com/howtouninstallguides/tips-to-uninstall-privdog/

As you have MBAM installed, in Settings/Detection and Protection use the dropdowns to change to Treat PUPs and PUMs as Malware and then run a scan.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: @ Gamezertruth
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:35:58 pm »
Hi, I already informed this forum that comodo use maximum cpu resources while scanning and it is not advisable to use it.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:40:38 am »
Hi, I already informed this forum that comodo use maximum cpu resources while scanning and it is not advisable to use it.

I was going by the recommendation of someone who is savvy on another forum who has used Comodo for a number of years, but that installation may have pre-dated the inclusion of PrivDog.

People have recommended AVG but that has become bloated over time, so may now not be one to use - which may now apply to Comodo.

It seems to be the thing now for companies to embed advertising agents into their products to increase their revenue - but nothing has ever been free with the exception hopefully of WR.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 06:23:55 am »
True, the WR does not contain any bundle of spyware or PUP or any injection.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 07:53:04 pm »
True, the WR does not contain any bundle of spyware or PUP or any injection.

Dang straight, and it isn't going to.

I looked into those before, toolbars, downloaders and all that other crap, and you know what? It made me feel dirty. I hate these things as much as anyone and looking to add it in to make a few bucks made me feel like a dirty hooker. "Here, do our bidding and we will throw a few extra dollars your way"

So no, no crap like that as long as I am in charge. So if I need to make money then I make pro versions. Even then I try to do that right by making sure anything that was free before hand stays free and that the pro is new things. I don't take away from my users.

Shane