Author Topic: Offline Repair  (Read 6121 times)

Offline ylluminate

• View Profile
Offline Repair
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:19:38 pm »
I would readily be willing to pay 2 to 3x the current asking price for the pro version if you were able to implement an offline version of this tool.  Too often we run into problems where we need to restore system integrity by taking the volume offline and this would sure be a remarkable utility if we had this functionality.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Offline Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 10:24:54 pm »
I cant. The program calls tools and commands inside windows to do a lot of the jobs because for a lot of them that is the only way. Such as registering files, running store commands, services commands and so on.

So because of that you have to loaded inside windows in order for those commands to work and apply the changes to the loaded registry.

Shane

Offline ylluminate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 04:42:50 am »
So there's no way to implement external registry editing and repairs via another tool?  Eg, you can edit the registry via Linux TRK or such; I wonder if it is possible therefore to bootstrap some of the modifications and processes through such tools or another Windows installation?  You might even consider writing an SFC or DISM interface; that might be at least somewhat useful.  Hmmm.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 04:44:17 am »
No external tools will do it, there are a lot of commands called inside windows that are needed for the repairs. I am limited to what those are able to do. :wink:

Shane