Author Topic: (Solved) Tweaking.com didn't repair W10 store  (Read 10391 times)

Offline rgm

• View Profile
(Solved) Tweaking.com didn't repair W10 store
« on: September 11, 2015, 09:37:48 am »
FYI: The Tweaking repair program's Windows 10 fixes for the Store didn't work.  I had to use a fix I found on Microsoft.com (that I hope I can find the next time Store stops working!)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:14:08 am by rgm, Reason: Sovled »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com didn't repair W10 store
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 08:50:00 pm »
OK... can you give me any info to help? Do you have the fix from MS that I can take a look at and see if it has any new commands I need to add?

Shane

Offline rgm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 08:06:27 am »
I went back to look on Microsoft for the script, and I *think* this is the one I used (entered from the Command Prompt window):
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

The problem I was having was that, when I tried to open the store, a blank white window would open and then almost instantly close...or maybe minimize.  There was no way to keep the window open, and no store in the window.  I had tried both of the Store fix options in Tweaking's Windows Repair more than once, but the issue wasn't resolved. I ran (what I hope was) this script, and it fixed it immediately.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:05:51 pm »
That same command is in the both the repairs already, been there since Windows 8.

But I have found that Windows 10 does have things in different spots and I found a new command that is to be ran to repair the store and the apps and i will be adding that command to the next update :-)

Shane

Offline rgm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 07:45:57 am »
Well, then, maybe it was the new command I found the first time that worked.  I wasn't sure when I went back to look that I was at the same spot or that I copied the one I had actually used.  But, if you found one that will work in your program, I won't have to worry about looking for it again!  :)

Also, I know once in Windows Repair for Windows 7, it said something couldn't be completed.  The entire path for the command was given, so I copied it, opened the Command Prompt, and pasted it into the Command Prompt, and it worked directly from the Command Prompt.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 07:49:22 am »
I am almost done w v3.5.1 and I found that some of the repair app store commands where not working in safe mode because 2 services needed to be enabled, I fixed that and even found a command that wasnt working. So that along with the new command I added has Windows 8 and 10 app store running very smooth in my test in vmware tonight :-)

Shane

Offline rgm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:11:15 am »
(Solved)
Thanks.  I had opened Windows Repair, and it said the new version was available, so I went to the site to download it, and the site still said the 3.5.0 was the latest version.  I went ahead and tried the link, and *it* said it was downloading 3.5.1, so I had it do so!  I must have gotten there before you could change the webpage!

Well, maybe my comments helped you find the changes, so it maybe makes up for all the work Julian was doing trying to get my W7 working correctly again.  (It isn't yet!)  And my W8 laptop screwed up so royally, I had to do a reinstall, which also screwed up several times along the way.  lol

Is that how we mark these solved?  Or is there a button to click somewhere?

Thanks again,

Richard
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:19:46 am by rgm, Reason: To add "(Solved) »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 11:03:35 am »
Just go back to the first post, click edit and change the subject line :-)

Great to hear the commands are working like they are suppose to now.

Shane