Author Topic: (Solved)No Normal boot message ,auto check disk, then boot normally? why?  (Read 8006 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, One or two times, the ups did not work and the power cuts suddenly ends the session in the middle.
I tried to switch on, but it could not boot normally and on the first attempt, it auto alerts that one of the check need to be checked for consistency. It went on for a while and it corrected some files in indexing and some at security descriptors and after correction, the system booted normally.
                                      Before this problem, i experienced inordinate delay in explorer for each of the click.
But after the chkdsk, i could see the fast in explorer opening and browsing.
                                            I have not done anything wrong.
                                                   Would the index and security descriptors be affected by unexpected end of session due to power failure.
                                                     I noticed that some $I30 corruption in file 197 and it corrected itself. Would you please clarify why it happened and how it corrected itself without my opting check disk
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:09:35 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No Normal boot message ,auto check disk, then boot normally? why?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 11:38:20 pm »
If it had been writing to disk when the power loss occurred then that could have caused some corruption - perhaps it has done you a favour if you now have improved performance :)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:07:18 pm »
Hi, Impressed by your answer. But what is meant by writing to disk. You mean downloading ?

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:17:08 pm »
Hi, Impressed by your answer. But what is meant by writing to disk. You mean downloading ?

when os is running files are loaded into the ram when you shutdown they are written to the disk.
Julian

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:47:26 pm »
Hi, Thank You . I replaced the ups battery to avoid this happening. Let me have the clue to how to REally use the UPS. Should one switch on the UPS for 24 hours , even when computer is used for less hours. I had this problem earlier also, and i had to replace the battery.
                                          How to charge and discharge to maintain the UPS battery to be used to maximum