Author Topic: Trouble Installing Update (WRT)  (Read 4976 times)

Offline RaveRocks

• View Profile
Trouble Installing Update (WRT)
« on: October 12, 2015, 03:08:54 pm »
I've downloaded the newly posted update today and attempted to install it.  Except for a brief cursor change to show a short spurt of activity, nothing happened. I've done a search for any files with the word 'tweaking' and found no new files added today except for the tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe file.

I'm not sure how to proceed.

---- edit 01 ----

I downloaded the portable version, unzipped and ran the full sequence in safe mode.  Rebooted and much the same errors appeared (User Profile Service not available and still no sound system).  While the repairs were running I noticed some strange errors because of extra extra extra long file paths, so I want to have a look at the log files to see if I can see what was happening.  More later tonight.

---- edit 02 ----

I've scoured the log files and couldn't find any mention of the error I was seeing during processing. The file location I saw briefly onscreen had Appdata and Roaming repeated multiple times.  I wish I could remember what repair section was running at the time.  I'll pay closer attention during the second pass.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:34:36 pm by RaveRocks »
You'll find me on Twitter and You-Tube but never again on Facebook. My first computer was a $99 TI-994a. By the end of the first day, I was able to write and save the Oscar Myer Weiner song.  If only today's goals were so simple.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble Installing Update (WRT)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 03:19:16 am »
Are all these threads you are starting for the same system? If so maybe would should keep it to one thread so I dont get confused when I am answering tons of posts at once lol

Also if you are seeing path to long it is possible that some of the default junction points are messed up and are allowing access to them instead of blocking it, thus creating a infinite loop and a very long file path. Did the pre-scan in my program report anything for the junction points?

Shane

Offline RaveRocks

• View Profile
Re: Trouble Installing Update (WRT)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 12:56:31 pm »
Agreed to keeping everything in one thread. I'll mentally lock this thread.

I had the same thoughts about junction points causing the looping but I saw no mention of junctions in the pre-scan.  I'll be running a second full scan in about an hour and I'll post the results in the 'other' thread.
You'll find me on Twitter and You-Tube but never again on Facebook. My first computer was a $99 TI-994a. By the end of the first day, I was able to write and save the Oscar Myer Weiner song.  If only today's goals were so simple.