Author Topic: Windows AIO repair tweaks and Windows explorer  (Read 8210 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Windows AIO repair tweaks and Windows explorer
« on: October 27, 2015, 11:04:13 am »
Hello.  I don't know if this has been reported yet, so if it has I apologize, but I have been having an issue with Windows explorer windows briefly disappearing then re-appearing and have recently identified the cause to be one of the tweaks included in the Windows AIO repair.  Let me elaborate.  The symptom only occurs when you launch a windows explorer window by means of an application (for example double clicking "onedrive" task bar icon to pull up your one drive folder in windows explorer).  If you attempt to navigate anywhere in the windows explorer window which is launched, the windows explorer window will disappear, then reappear displaying the location you tried to navigate to.  I am pretty sure, just do to the nature of the symptoms and how they are triggered, it might be caused by the tweak "Launch windows desktop in a separate process", but it could be any of the general or visual tweaks (those are the only ones I applied).  BTW, this is in Windows 10 x64 PRO.  Tweaks worked fine in Windows 8.1 and 7 x64

Offline maxXPsoft

• View Profile
Re: Windows AIO repair tweaks and Windows explorer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »
Known Issue with 10
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/launch-folder-windows-in-a-separate-process/a13546ab-da68-40d3-8924-afcfcaaef4e3?auth=1
This issue now seems fixed in latest Insider preview Build 10525
Latest release to ALL on or after Nov 2 unless delayed again

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:15:03 pm by maxXPsoft »
Convicted Registry Tweaker
Electronics Technician/Programmer/Industrial Electrician

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 07:00:51 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  However, I used the tweak and experienced the issue the day I created the post, so I'm not so sure it is solved.  Plus, the the linked thread in previous post only has a single individual describing the problem and declaring the solution.  As far as completely verifying that "the issue was solved", I would say that it is low to none whatsoever.

Offline maxXPsoft

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 05:33:46 am »
Thank you for your reply.  However, I used the tweak and experienced the issue the day I created the post, so I'm not so sure it is solved.  Plus, the the linked thread in previous post only has a single individual describing the problem and declaring the solution.  As far as completely verifying that "the issue was solved", I would say that it is low to none whatsoever.
Open command prompt somewhere in your Start menu and type
ver
You will get something like my version right now
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
                                                        ^
If your ver is not later than the    10525 then it isn't fixed yet till after that version supposedly. Threshold 2 will now launch in early November
It will be 10565 I think, that may change but I'm not keeping up with where they are anymore. Supposed to be big announcement today
Whether they fixed or not don't mean nothing, if they didn't then don't use. This is Microsoft problem not the tweak. I used that tweak also for long time but have it disabled right now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:55:23 am by maxXPsoft »
Convicted Registry Tweaker
Electronics Technician/Programmer/Industrial Electrician

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 08:06:23 am »
Check this out.

Windows 10 Build 10576 gives a better taste of Threshold 2 and introduces media casting

http://betanews.com/2015/10/29/windows-10-build-10576-gives-a-better-taste-of-threshold-2-and-introduces-media-casting/

Offline parkd1

• View Profile

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 09:10:53 pm »
Odd, I havent had this problem happen in any of the windows 10 systems I have ran my program on.

When you say tweaks, do you mean the system tweaks in the program version of the program or are you talking about the repairs?

Shane