Author Topic: (solved) what is the trick to animate the gif pic as screen saver in windows 7  (Read 22651 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                       I tried to run the gif file as wall paper and it shows it as mere picture. But if i open that with internet explorer, then it gives animation.
                            When i could play the gif files in my previous xp version, i could not find ways to do the same in higher windows 7 ultimate.
                                       Probably MSFT would have disabled some features of xp in windows 7. Would you share the trick so that i could also get it play animation in wallpaper or as scr
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:34:29 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: what is the trick to animate the gif pic as screen saver in windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 04:33:31 am »
You need software that will do that....."it's impossible to do this without extra software. Windows doesn't support animated GIFs as background images, so although you can select one and set it as your wallpaper, it will appear as a static image: effectively the first frame of the animation."

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:36:40 am »
Hi, But in xp, i could just select gif as wall paper. Do you know free programs to do this. I do not just want to open it. I want it used as wall paper or screen saver pl

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:06:35 am »
Feature was disabled in Win 7 I think?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 05:33:17 am »
HI, Any software free . samson

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:05:17 am »
HI, Any software free . samson

http://www.bionixwallpaper.com/downloads/Animated%20Desktop%20Wallpaper/index.html

Supports GIF animations apparently, never used it, so can't recommend it, your choice, have a look and see if it is for you. It is a portable application so no install needed.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 11:33:56 pm »
Hi,
                        you give the exact solution. It works nice. Only thing that at first browsing, it will download some sample files from their website.
                                You could just delete those.
                                    And then you could add the gif files in a separate folder and open the bionix, and then from its menu bionix wallpaper animator. once it opens at the tray, just click it to open, then browse it to the folder just created, that contain gif files. Thats all. It will animate the first one in the list shown. If you select the next, lit will be shown in animated form. A progressive bar showing the animation image and words animating... . You could choose centre in the menu to have only one picture. if there are multiple, just just disable duplicate menu and you have what you want . Thank you, of course, by increasing the parameters, you could reduce the cpu usage and you could watch the cpu monitor in the taskbar, enable it in tray icon and by opening task manager, and minimising to tray icon, will let you know the cpu usage readily .
                                                Thanks samson, it is the solution for my problem

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 03:29:14 am »
Thanks samson, it is the solution for my problem

Good to hear, not one for me though, I prefer a simple black desktop with no icons, but each to their own  :wink:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't bother with Wallpaper at all and because I'm on various sites, I would rarely see it anyway.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins,
                 When you thinking of giving solutions and fix to the problems, having these would pep up your thoughts on the question, in lighter vein

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Here you go J, not GIFs but they may inspire you  :wink:

http://www.boredpanda.com/magic-realism-paintings-rob-gonsalves/

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, samson,
                           One more question.
                            When i select centre , the gif image in bionix changes to one picture and give the animation it has.
                                    But it auto changes to tile position, to duplicate the images all over the desktop at some point of time,say minutes, so the cpu for this shoots up .
                                          I think, may be it is due to the normal desktop , windows desktop wallpaper does something when it interfere or the bionix interfere with it causing this to happen.
                                                 Otherwise, nice program to recommend with no popup . You just have to delete the sample files it gives at the installation stage. The cpu when the animation on is minimal. The cpu usages also include other services etc. Do you have any idea, how it could interfere with windows desktop

Offline Samson

• View Profile
You may need to use the full program to solve that, it includes the animator that you already have.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/bionix_desktop_wallpaper_changer.html

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Samson,

It is somewhat surprising that even when i deleted their gif files, i get alert of changing the wall paper in some minutes. I have disabled the countdown etc. etc. But i get a alert loading and changing the wall paper. At one time, it shoots up to cpu 100 percentage. And nothing could be done with windows. It stood still as if freezing. Whatever i tried, i could not do anything. Even my mouse was not showing. I just forced closed the computer and disabled this wall paper.
                                           I do not know what made things worse for me. The automatic change of tile from selected centre. I have exhausted all their menus and could not get . There seems to be some avoidable bug in that program, which does not give any popup and link while running the application.
                                     What about your link to majorgeek.com.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                 After uninstalling , I am now using Shane's Cool Wallpaper changer he wrote in 2002. Pl see the thread here
http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,1029.msg7027.html#msg7027

To shane:
                   Why advanced options even if ticked , does not load the cs wallpaper icon at trayicon at startup. But i could find the same wall paper as selected for the day, is showing in desktop
question : is it working at the back ground and it will change according to the settings.
                or should i add the program at startup folder
                P.S: When i click personalize tab, i see the wall paper selected and the letters  CS wall paper below it. Did it mean that it is working in the back ground and do the change of wall paper
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:09:01 am by jraju »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                I have created a scheduled task to run the wall paper. I just has to create a task and give highest privileges box check in general tab. Now the application starts with windows and showing in tray icon as well. It is sweetly changing the pictures from the selected in the added pictures for wall paper.
                                 Shane, thank you for the program that just gives what users want. No popup, no hidden links etc. COOL and smooth wall paper.