Author Topic: My computer name INtel pc shown as Unknown device in printer and hardwares  (Read 20326 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: My computer name INtel pc shown as Unknown device in printer and hardwares
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 02:18:26 am »
Hi, The problem is gone.
                      What i have done is to boot in safe mode and then uninstalled the unknown driver by right clicking. I checked the device and printers as well as device manager. There is no unknown device. I ran msinfo32 and then checked problem device and it shows nil.
                                    Thanks boggin and quick responses. But still not known, how when i uninstalled and then boot, it does not load the driver i have uninstalled. Normally windows would again install those device drivers.[/i]
                                            Then it must be a residue of the device driver path left by mcafee. How software drivers are shown as physical hardware device?
                                                    I will make it as solved. In the mean time, i also experienced very sluggish explorer, i ran chkdsk /r , but it did not find any big problems. Then  when i checked the cpu it was 100 percent, i browsed the processes and found so many instances of jawaas.exe, repeating itself with minute precision. I do not know what to do. I immediately disabled and java and ultimately removed the java by revo uninstaller. Then the problem resolved. Why reputed company are doing mischief like this. The instance of the javaaw.exe are repleting itself,and i could see that in the process tab. Thank god. Is it java or some other crap ware doing hiding as java etc
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 02:41:14 am »
It may not have been Java itself but some program running in the background that uses Java perhaps, unless it was the updater phoning home.

I have all updaters disabled in msconfig.

As for McAffee, it will have had its own drivers just as Norton does.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 02:45:06 am »
Hi,
thanks.
                     But how software device are shown as hardware device as in my case. Is it possible?
                               Or is it a way of intrusion by the software to gain access to user data by posing as hardware device How a program  could download with its program a possible hard ware device and why it is done is still a mystery

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 02:53:11 am »
My younger son initially used McAfee which came as a 30 day free trial on a new laptop and it never caused any problems for him, so can't answer why it should have caused problems for you.

It comes as a free trial on this laptop and it's the first thing I get rid of after a factory reset.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 03:37:19 am »
Hi, Please see this way. Unknown device if it clicked to trouble shoot, installed one driver , ie, the driver for some memory controller and failed on another. The problematic device was shown as mcafee , of which i only have mcafee site advisor program. I uninstalled site advisor thro their uninstaller, which when cleaned failed to clean the root legacy file. Indirectly, was it not,  occupy the system base driver place when it is doing the job of site advisor and when it remains as such, acted as hardware driver.
                                              When i uninstalled it using safe mode, it uninstalled totally and on reboot, does not show any yellow exclamation mark.
                                                   My question to you, is how a software driver, could be shown as hardware and shown as missing driver?
                                                        Now, this problem gone. Thanks again

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 03:42:36 am »
When an AV program hasn't been fully uninstalled, it can conflict with the new AV program and cause anomalous problems, but as I've said, I've never seen where the computer has shown up as an Unknown Device before.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 03:45:02 am »
Hi,  What about software drivers not device showing as hardware device?