Author Topic: Windows failed after windows repair!  (Read 9728 times)

Offline Thankyou

• View Profile
Windows failed after windows repair!
« on: December 21, 2015, 09:15:05 am »
Yeah, and now windows not working in safety mode too... I havent any windows 7 cd and i cant nothing... Auto repair not work too.

Thank you guys, thank you so much. What can i do now? New laptop with which money? Thank you again you fucked me congrulations

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows failed after windows repair!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:31:15 am »
When you boot up into the Advanced Boot options and select Repair your Computer, can it find the location of the OS ?

Offline Thankyou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:36:07 am »
Repair your computer not working. Then restart pc...

My english not good, and im on the phone now! But i can send pictures from phone.

And screen pictures...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:47:15 am by Thankyou »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 09:58:06 am »
Then you are going to need either a Win 7 Repair or an install disk to boot up with to see if the Bootrec commands will work.

You can create a Repair disk on any Win 7 machine but if you let me know if you are using a 32 or 64 bit system and you PM me your address, I can burn a couple for you and will be able to post them tomorrow.

These are the instructions for repairing the MBR but your machine may be using UEFI.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

If your machine uses UEFI then this tutorial will be better.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-uefi-boot/#Fix_1_Use_bootrec

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 10:01:33 am »
From your pictures, you are able to get into the Advanced Boot options to select Repair your Computer and select Command Prompt to run the Bootrec commands.

I don't have time to stay with this but will be back later.

Offline Thankyou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 10:10:45 am »
From your pictures, you are able to get into the Advanced Boot options to select Repair your Computer and select Command Prompt to run the Bootrec commands.

I don't have time to stay with this but will be back later.

Not work...

How can i create a repair disk?

Offline Thankyou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 10:36:35 am »
but if you let me know if you are using a 32 or 64 bit system and you PM me your address, I can burn a couple for you and will be able to post them tomorrow.

PM is ok.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 01:55:43 pm »
Seen your PM and I'll sort those disks out tonight as well as a Repair disk.

There'll be two install disks giving you one spare and the Repair disk.

To create a Repair disk in Win 7 go Start - Control Panel - and under System and Security click on Back up your computer and you will see the option in the upper left pane.

From your earlier pic, while I could see Repair your computer, I didn't understand what the other two said as I don't read or speak German - that also applies to your last pic which was upside down.

When you say, "Not work" - does that relate to your not being able to progress from there to the repair options in the Recovery Environment ?

In the first of those two links that I've posted, the second example picture shows it locating what and where the OS is located.

If you can get that far and that is blank, then Win 7 will need to be reinstalled or the machine factory reset with the OEM Recovery disks and the Bootrec commands would not help in that instance.

You won't be able to reinstall Win 7 with the install disks unless you have a valid retail key and are for repair purposes only.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:47:54 pm »
I've burned and checked the disks, so they are okay.

You will need to change the Boot order which is usually done by tapping F12 as you switch on.

Use the cursor keys to highlight ODD - Optical Disk Drive - insert the disk and press enter.

You will momentarily be prompted to press any key to boot from CD/DVD and then the files will load.

When using an install disk you may be presented with an inverse window with Windows Setup (EMS Enabled) - just press enter.

Use the dropdown in the second box to change the language and that will set the bottom one as well.

Click on Next then wait for it to locate the OS - Next

When you get the blue splash screen click on Repair your Computer and that will take you to the Recovery Environment to select Command Prompt to enter the Bootrec commands.

Booting up with the repair disk will get you there as well, but doesn't give you the Windows Setup (EMS) window.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 05:33:07 am »
Following another member having boot problems which seem related to an Avast driver not loading, are you using Avast antivirus ?

Offline Thankyou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 12:40:52 pm »
Ok got it.
And i dont use Avast.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 11:03:24 pm »
Does your computer flicker blue for a second when trying to boot and restarts? What I mean is do you get a bsod that crashes quickly? I need more info as to what happens when you are booting that makes you say Windows failed. Windows repair does not modify any system files 95% of it is registry related. The failure to boot could be bios related I've seen many computers that had the wrong sata settings because the bios lost settings so it changed them to defaults and made there computers not start correctly.
Julian