Author Topic: why i cannot connect to my reuter in any browser?  (Read 11086 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
why i cannot connect to my reuter in any browser?
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:29:57 am »
I want to view the reuter page. Normally by logging in to 192.168.1.1 one gets his reuter page to view soe information about the user by adding the password etc.
           I could not open the said in my browser.
            I have the manual entries in internet option, as advised by the service provider.
             Is this common error. I get problem loading or connection timed out errrors. ple
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: why i cannot connect to my reuter in any browser?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:04:32 am »
Are you sure that is your router's address? Some (including mine are 192.168.0.1).

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:07:46 am »
yes. I checked with ifconfig command . The default gate way is given as that number.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 09:17:22 am »
Try connecting via ethernet if you are currently using WiFi, if that fails try rebooting the router and/or flush dns cache.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 09:23:14 am »
Hi, I have tried minitool box to flush dns cache.
 Secondly i have tried reset button on the modem.
I know that my wifi is connected and can use it.. But i want to view some wifi settings .
Would it be , that my service provider does not come under this gateway. But i know for sure, that this is the default gateway. my modem is broadband cum wifi model and it has a wifi light glowing on when the internet light is on. pl samson.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 09:35:04 am »
Check your firewall settings.

N.B. You don't want to "reset" the router, you will lose any stored ISP settings etc and have to reconfigure it otherwise. Just power the router off, wait 30 seconds and power on again. Then try to access it via 192.168.1.1
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:42:15 am by Samson »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 10:58:20 am »
Check your firewall settings.

N.B. You don't want to "reset" the router, you will lose any stored ISP settings etc and have to reconfigure it otherwise. Just power the router off, wait 30 seconds and power on again. Then try to access it via 192.168.1.1

I occasionally have this problem and all I ever have to do is to switch it off to resolve it.

Try using another browser if switching off/rebooting the router doesn't do it.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 04:56:38 pm »
Julian

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 10:00:39 pm »
hi, Julian.
            After executing this tool, should i restore the previous settings or leave it as it is . What does this tool actually does. Pl

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 10:28:32 pm »
Hi, I executed and the router point was the same. Still i could not get the site. I get problem loading or connection timed out

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 11:14:07 pm »
that tool detects the ip address for the router you are connected to and will show if you have multiple routers. make sure you are plugged into port 1 on your router with an Ethernet cable. some routers require that to access them if the setting is enabled that is. as well as some router settings disable the use of wireless devices configuring routers as well.
Julian

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 02:45:52 am »
Have you been able to access this router before or have you recently changed broadband provider? I've had modem/routers or separate modem router setups in the past supplied by ISPs where you couldn't get into the router to change settings. Sometimes, generally after a lot of hassle, the ISP has provided me with login and password - more often, if the modem has been separate, I've replaced it with my own router.......
Iain

ThinkPad T450s W10 Pro x64
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Macrium Reflect 7 Home, Tweaking WRAIO Pro

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 04:47:42 am »
When you enter the Default Gateway URL into the search box, do you get the prompt for username and password or just nothing.

If you are entering the Default Gateway IP address from an ipconfig /all then you will be using the correct one.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 06:41:45 pm »
Hi, Sorry for delay in replying.
                    The delay is due to the internet connectivity problem i had .It was a peculiar one and i still need a solution.
                      all the lights are glowing on the bbwifi modem, but i could not get the internet. I tried troubleshooter. First it says some connectivity problem with the modem. Since i reset the modem button, as some said that it has to be reconfigured.
                        I tried all sorts of things. I checked the status by going to the adapter settings, in the network and share sesttings. The status showed no internet access on ip4 and also in ip6.
                        Every thing is ok, but i could not get internet.
                        dhcp was said to be not enabled in some times. It shows connected some times. I also got a peculiar message, that the modem could be correctly configured, the server at microsoft.com is failed to connect.
                        At sometimes, it says there is dns server problem.
                         i tried my ISP and he says some change in the router settings. That also did not solve the problem.
                         But nothing could provide me the relief.
                         Why these when everything is perfect, i could not get the connection , only some tech person would say. I have used the tool recommended by julian , and it shows the connection as 1 and provided me the default gateway.
                          Had i damaged anything. Should not the reset switch used, when modem is configured by service provider at the time of purchase? Shoud i reconfigure it.
                           The strange thing above all is when i shut down, it alerted me that do not shutdown as windows is configuring updates. Updates? !# How it is possible when internet connectivity is not established, i get the updates. Straaaaange..
                          Ok come to the final stage. I could write to you because, there was an old modem, which is very old, about 10 years, and i tied the loosened part to give it life and then connected. Wow, bingo and eureka.. i could connect to the internet.
                           Would you say what would have been the cause, when all lights, power, dsl,internet, lan lights are glowing , internet access failed.
                            As modem is just a dead bridge used for connection, how it is not allowing me the internet. What is microsoft.com server could not be connected with failed message?
                              How it allowed the age old modem, which i thought of disposing, to internet.
                               If i should reconfigure the problematic modem , could i do myself?

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »
Hi, boggins One more thing.
                  When i type the gateway point, immediately i could access my router in IE.
                      What are these denotes.
                          Could i configure myself the wifimodem? If problem persist, can i replace the same. MY old modem does not support wifi.