Author Topic: user pinned folder in quick launch tray  (Read 5812 times)

Offline em17976

• View Profile
user pinned folder in quick launch tray
« on: December 25, 2015, 08:49:32 am »
Hi Shane,
Merry Christmas to you. I just did on Windows 7/64 a tweaking 3.7.3 repair. Using repairs #8 through 20 I got user pinned folder where I never had before in the quick launch tray. I deleted it but it created problems for me. I am assuming that it corrected something that I maybe had tweaked out sometime before.  So how can I leave my icons the way they are and get rid of the folder visibly. Which one of the repairs put it there?
By the way I use 7 in the old time classic mode.

I see it in APP DATA and in the registry but I don't want to create other problems without your direction.
Thanks,

Ed
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:50:26 am by Boggin »

Offline em17976

• View Profile
Re: user pinned folder in quick launch tray
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 06:02:09 am »
So I turn on my laptop today and lo and behold everything is back to normal/

Was it gremlins? I think I'll have to start using holy water and sprinkle it on the computer to get rid of the evil spirits.

And no I did not do a system restore.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:42:01 am »
Never seen any of the repairs ever cause a toolbar to show up lol

I am guessing it was another program on the system reacting tot he repairs, looks like it worked it self out though :-)

Shane

Offline em17976

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 11:24:35 am »
Something else Shane and not on any of my computers but on a lady friends windows 7/64.

She has lost adobe flash but it is on the computer and it has been ticked on in the options. She had a lot of PUPS and I cleaned up the computer as it was very, very slow. Computer is working reasonably well except for no flash in facebook. Youtube works fine.

I have googled this and it seems there are many instances of this happening for the last 5 years with other people.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled same and the problem is probably in the registry but now I am looking for guidance.  I just found out that the dvd drive is not working and drivers are ok and Mr fix it (Microsoft) says nothing is wrong.

Offline em17976

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 12:23:07 am »
Update on the dvd player. 
I cleaned the laser lens AND the test dvd and it works now. I guess in three years "stuff" affects the beam of the laser.

Now back to flash.