Author Topic: "Sharing Violation" when Installing 3.7.3  (Read 9129 times)

Offline coover

• View Profile
"Sharing Violation" when Installing 3.7.3
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:08:13 am »
I am trying to install All in One Repair version 3.7.3 and I am getting a "Sharing Violation" accessing the file TweakingFormControls.ocx

Any help will be appreciated.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: "Sharing Violation" when Installing 3.7.3
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 12:52:08 pm »
Can you try the download in Safe Mode with Networking as it could be your antivirus program interfering when it is checking the downloading files.

Offline coover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 03:04:13 pm »
It can't be that as I downloaded the file on another computer, and the installation went well with the other computer and several others (I have 9 Windows 10 machines). Oh ... I just thought of something that may be the problem ... the computer I'm having the problem with is my "test" computer and it is running an advance version of Windows 10 Pro ... build 11082.1000 rather than the present version on most Windows 10 machines, build 10586.36. Could that be the problem?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 03:14:47 pm »
That's possible as a previous Win 10 update caused problems with reloading the apps and that has since been taken out of the WR program.

Why did you want to run WR on the new build ?

Offline coover

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 03:27:33 pm »
It is my "test" machine ... I run all my new software on it to see if there is a problem including programs that do not work and to check for malware, and then, eventually, all software is added. Your All-in-one-repair is placed on every machine I own as I never know when it will be needed.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 03:31:03 pm »
Try a direct download then in normal and Safe Mode and see if you get the same error.

Offline coover

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 04:19:15 pm »
OK, I have downloaded the file directly from you and .... installation in "normal" mode fails ... same error. I also downloaded the Portable file, let's see if that works ... Application opens, that is a decent work around ... now safe mode ... yes, it installed in safe mode ... rebooting to the standard version of Win 10 ... Windows Repair opens properly.

Apparently, I had to install this in the safe mode. I don't think this is an anti-virus issue, though, as I am only running Windows Defender. I've never seen that interfering with an install, but, of course, there is always a first time .

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 12:24:20 am »
Windows Firewall can be a bit finicky at times but it's still usually active in Safe Mode with Networking - perhaps trying it again in a clean boot may give you the answer if you want to go a bit deeper to find the cause.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 08:38:48 am »
Sharing violation means the file is locked and the program that is trying to open it isnt allowed to, they are not sharing like they should :-).

That is normally caused by an antivirus scanning the file right when you are trying to open it.

Shane