Author Topic: Missing windows Packages (again) (SOLVED)  (Read 5180 times)

Offline TB54

• View Profile
Missing windows Packages (again) (SOLVED)
« on: December 28, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
Hello everyone !
(and sorry for my bad english, I will do my best !).

I wanted to post on this topic, but the reply fonction seems to be blocked... So : new topic.

I miss some packages to repair the "OptionalFeatures" box of my "uninstall programs" panel. The CheckSUR.log gave me a list of missing packages (all concerning the update KB3035583), and I have found some of them in the decompressed "KB3035583 update" I found on a forum, but I still can't find two of them :

servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3035583~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.20.mum
   servicing\packages\Package_for_KB3035583~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.20.cat

Dose anyone have them of his/her computer ?
Because I don't really know where to search anymore...

Thanks everyone, and happy hollydays !
Tom

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:52:48 AM by TB54 »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Missing windows Packages (again)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:19:20 AM »
It is a update optional required for upgrading to windows 10. You could browse, available optional updates in windows update and choose this to install. That is it.

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline TB54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
The weird thing is that it's already installed. I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it (threw the windows update panel), dit the same thing manually (by downloading the update an a forum), but some package are still missing. That is what I don't understand.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 01:43:07 AM »
Did you see in windows update history whether the update is successful? If it shows failed then you have to get these mum and cat files. Otherwise, no need. It is installed successfully.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:59:19 AM »
Julian or Shane will upload those Package files for you when either pick up your thread and how to install them.

If you are in no rush to upgrade or want to upgrade to Win 10 just yet, then you can go into Installed Updates, put that KB number into the top right search box and when it comes up, right click on it and select uninstall.

It will be reoffered and to prevent it auto installing then you should change your update settings to Check for updates but let me choose... and when you next get notification of updates, go to Windows Updates and click on Important and/or Optional and you will see what is waiting to update.

To find what each update is for, click on it then on the More info link in the right pane and that will open a new window.

Anything to do with ease of updates/upgrade or Telemetry then right click on the update and select Hide.

However, MS keep pushing KB3035583 as that will/can effect an auto upgrade to Win 10 - you can also hide those updates as well to prevent them from auto installing.

Offline TB54

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 02:06:29 AM »
Quote from: jraju
Did you see in windows update history whether the update is successful? If it shows failed then you have to get these mum and cat files. Otherwise, no need. It is installed successfully.

It says the installation is successful, yes.

But the checksur (from the KB947821 tool) still need those files, and can't get them on my computer. At first, there was more mus/cat files missing in the list of the log : I decompressed KB3035583, found some of them inside, replace them in the %Windir%\Temp\CheckSUR directory as explained here, and now there's just those two ones missing on the log :  It seems to make a difference for him. Of course, I don't know why : I follow the tutorials, but I'm faaaaar away from what I can understand...

Quote from: Boggin
Julian or Shane will upload those Package files for you when either pick up your thread and how to install them.
Thanks !

If you are in no rush to upgrade or want to upgrade to Win 10 just yet
No in fact I don't want to, the missing files are just messing with the "OptionalFeatures" box of the uninstall panel (the goal is to be able to desactivate the windows DVD navigator - long story...). But no rush, no !

If I understand you well, that problem won't exist if the update is not installed at all ? (to be honest, I don't remember if i tried it yet...)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:11:17 AM by TB54 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 02:26:46 AM »
Uninstalling KB3035583 should remove the icon from the taskbar.

You could uninstall it and then run the System Update Readiness Tool again to see if it still reports missing Packages.

I have all of the Win 10 related updates hidden and I've still received the Win 10 upgrade update wanting to install, so uninstalling and hiding those updates is no guarantee that Win 10 won't sneak in unless you have the update settings set to Check for...

I have four Win 10 updates hidden.

Microsoft have become very aggressive in pushing this upgrade regardless of whether people want it or their computers can get suitable Win 10 drivers for their devices.

There is a program that has been devised to prevent Win 10 from auto downloading and that is GWX Control Panel which has options for the different stages of the updates and has proven successful, although I think MS are trying to find a way around it so the program keeps getting updated :lol

This is what it is http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html and you can download it from http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 04:40:49 PM »
to better assist you on finding the correct cat and mum files can you open windows repair and on step two optional tab can you click the open prescan button then click start scan and copy and paste log that it shows you here is an example log:
  ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Tweaking.com - Windows Repair v3.7.3 - Pre-Scan
│ Computer: MINE (Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) (64-bit)
│ [Started Scan - 12/29/2015 5:37:21 PM]
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Scanning Windows Packages Files.
│ Started at (12/29/2015 5:37:21 PM)

│ No problems were found with the Packages Files.

│ Files Checked & Verified: 4,661

│ Done Scanning Windows Packages Files.(12/29/2015 5:37:41 PM)
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Scanning Reparse Points.
│ Started at (12/29/2015 5:37:41 PM)

│ Reparse Points are OK!.

│ Files & Folders Searched: 271,074
│ Reparse Points Found: 92

│ Done Scanning Reparse Points.(12/29/2015 5:37:59 PM)
│ Checking Environment Variables.
│ Started at (12/29/2015 5:37:59 PM)

│ No problems were found with the Environment Variables.

│ Done Checking Environment Variables. (12/29/2015 5:37:59 PM)
│ [Finished Scan - 12/29/2015 5:37:59 PM]

• Scan Complete - No Problems Found!

Thanks,
Julian
Julian

Offline TB54

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 12:59:55 AM »
I have all of the Win 10 related updates hidden and I've still received the Win 10 upgrade update wanting to install, so uninstalling and hiding those updates is no guarantee that Win 10 won't sneak in unless you have the update settings set to Check for...

I have four Win 10 updates hidden.

Microsoft have become very aggressive in pushing this upgrade regardless of whether people want it or their computers can get suitable Win 10 drivers for their devices.

Okay... That explains a lot.
Thanks for the links ! I just came back and saw your message : I will try that if the scan asked below doesn't give anything.

to better assist you on finding the correct cat and mum files can you open windows repair and on step two optional tab can you click the open prescan button then click start scan and copy and paste log that it shows you here is an example log:

Hello Julian !

Here it is (not as clean as yours...) :

│ Tweaking.com - Windows Repair v3.7.3 - Pre-Scan
│ Computer: TOM-PC (Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) (32-bit)
│ [Started Scan - 30/12/2015 09:44:02]
│ Scanning Windows Packages Files.
│ Started at (30/12/2015 09:44:02)

│ These Files Are Missing: (Total: 2)
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB3035583~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.20.cat
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB3035583~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.20.mum

│ These Files Are Possibly Corrupt (Bad Digital Signature): (Total: 2)
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_1_for_KB3035583~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.20.mum
C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB3035583_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.20.mum

4 Combined Problems were found with the packages files, these files need to be replaced (These mainly only effect installing Windows Updates.)
│ The SFC (System File Checker) doesn't scan and replace some of these files, so you may need to replace them manually.

│ THESE FILES DO NOT KEEP THE REPAIRS FROM WORKING; YOU MAY STILL RUN THE REPAIRS IN THE PROGRAM.

│ If you need help in replacing these files, post on the Forums at Tweaking.com for help.

│ Files Checked & Verified: 7 721

│ Done Scanning Windows Packages Files.(30/12/2015 09:47:37)
│ Scanning Reparse Points.
│ Started at (30/12/2015 09:47:37)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Local Settings) (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Local Settings) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Local) (Creation Time: 18/11/2012 12:14:29)
Target Path doesn't exist!

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local)
│ A Default Reparse Point is missing and this can cause problems on the system.

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Cookies) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Local Settings) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\My Documents) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\NetHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\PrintHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Recent) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\SendTo) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Start Menu) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\Templates) (Target Path: C:\Users\Administrateur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Cookies) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Local Settings) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\My Documents) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\NetHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\PrintHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Recent) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\SendTo) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Start Menu) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\Templates) (Target Path: C:\Users\HomeGroupUser$\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Cookies) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Local Settings) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\My Documents) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\NetHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\PrintHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Recent) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\SendTo) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Start Menu) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Invité\Templates) (Target Path: C:\Users\Invité\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\My Documents) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\NetHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\PrintHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\Start Menu) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Tom\Templates) (Target Path: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\My Documents) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\NetHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\PrintHood) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Start Menu) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\Templates) (Target Path: C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Problems were found with the Reparse Points.
│ You can use the Repair Reparse Points Tool at the bottom of this Window to try and fix these problems.

│ Files & Folders Searched: 600 290
│ Reparse Points Found: 81

│ Done Scanning Reparse Points.(30/12/2015 09:58:37)
│ Checking Environment Variables.
│ Started at (30/12/2015 09:58:37)

│ This folder in the 'Path' variable doesn't exist: Avid

│ Problems were found with the Environment Variables.
│ You can use the Repair Environment Variables Tool at the bottom of this Window to try and fix these problems.

│ Done Checking Environment Variables. (30/12/2015 09:58:38)
│ [Finished Scan - 30/12/2015 09:58:38]

• Scan Complete - Problems Found!

• You can use the Repair Reparse Points or Repair Environment Variables tools at the bottom of this Window if needed.

• While problems have been found, you can still run the repairs in the program.

• But for the best results it is recommended to fix the problems reported in this scan if possible.

• If you need help fixing any of the items in the log, just post in the forums at Tweaking.com for help.

Offline Shane

• Top Geek, err uh Dog.
  • Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 08:28:15 AM »
The missing files are for the KB3035583, but for an older version of it, so i dont have those files. So the best thing to do is to remove them from the registry.

So you need to go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages

And delete anything that has to do with KB3035583. You will have to take ownership of the registry keys to delete them :wink:

Shane
PLEASE EDIT YOUR TOPIC AND PUT (SOLVED) IF YOU ARE ALL FIXED.

(My weekends belong to my wife and kids, I will try my best to answer all posts daily during the work week)

(About Shane)
Site Owner, Top Admin, Lead Programmer, Wife & 5 kids, Needs a lot more coffee.

When people ask "Why fix what isn't broken?" I reply "To make it better."
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Honor & Respect is all that matters.

Owner & Programmer of: www.pcwintech.com & www.tweaking.com

Offline TB54

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 10:52:11 AM »
Oh god, thank you, it finally worked !
(well, that I wanted to do with that OptionalFeatures box didn't work, but that's another problem...)

Happy new year everyone !
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:56:31 AM by TB54 »

anything