Author Topic: The big November update for Windows 10 TH2 Fail  (Read 19724 times)

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The big November update for Windows 10 TH2 Fail
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2015, 05:01:10 pm »
I am done with 10 for now on my own home system. In the house I had Windows 10, the wife and kids used it. It auto updated itself to the latest a few days ago and EVERYTHING was broken. I didnt tell it to update it just did it in the background while we where asleep and the kids left the computer on.

Media streaming got turned off even thought I had it on, file sharing got turned back off and all apps broke saying the built in admin isnt allowed to run this. For some reason they blocked the built in admin account from running apps, funny thing is, I wasnt on the build in admin account. I did have UAC turned off via a registry key since we didnt use the app store.

The whole system was a mess and ALL file association to my programs where gone and set back to Windows which would just give that same error trying to open it.

I was done, so I backed up their profile and formatted it and put 7 back on. Thing runs better than ever, my kids asked if it was still windows 10, I said no I put 7 back on, and I kid you not, they freaking cheered! They are 11, 9 and 6! They just yelled yay things work again!

I laughed hard on that one and then it made me realize how bad MS is messing up on this. To fix some bugs only to introduce new bigger ones and then FORCE them on users is a joke. I thought I hated vista and 8 the most, nope I now hate 10.

But that is for now, with the mess that it is. If they can actually hire the right people to fix it and actually test it properly before release and stopped the forced updates then I would say it has a chance. But until then, until these crippling bugs are fixed and new ones stop coming, Windows 10 will not be touching my work or home system again.

As a tech, programmer and windows user, this pisses me off.

Shane
Julian

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 09:41:35 am »
Another update. looks like Shane will need to make sure his program works with this update.

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-build-1058636-arrives-for-general-users-via-kb3124200-update

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »
I will update and test the command
Julian

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 09:07:35 am »
I patch Tuesday for this month check this out. Microsoft releases cumulative update KB3124266 with critical patches for Windows 10.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-releases-cumulative-update-kb3124266-with-critical-patches-for-windows-10

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2016, 11:18:45 pm »
well time to turn on my dusty windows 10 vhd
Julian