Author Topic: Why my update settings changed itself to auto, even if manual is selected  (Read 5569 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                    My auto update settings changed auto from manual , even if i choose the manual in updating. I do not say more on this .
                     How it is updating all the updates, and if i go to windows update settings, it is showing green colour, even i changed to other options which gives amber colour.
                     Do any body has idea? or Is it forced on the system by microsoft? If so, how settings could be changed to suit its design. If that is the case, why choice menu in updating given by microsoft.
                      Is it not a thing that msoft compels? Did you notice this ?
                      What is the advantage the msoft achieving by attmpting such cheap tactics?
                      You do not have any control over its settings in individual programs.
                      Just releasing updates and changing the update settings?
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It may have been one of the previous updates that did it - I've seen this reported before.

MS want everyone to have their settings set to auto so that Win 10 will sneak in on them whether the computers are compatible or not.

Just change it back and keep an eye on it prior to when you expect the monthly updates - I always get mine on the Wednesday, but as yet, because I have all of MS's Telemetry and Win 10 related updates hidden, I've never had this problem.

Running the GWX Control Panel program will prevent an unwanted Win 10 upgrade.

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Boggins.
                  I never get any update alert for win 10. But is it correct on the part of msoft to force updates on computer that would not want them.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Correct or not, MS seem to have become a law unto themselves.

While we are only ever licensees of the OS, MS seem to have also thought they own the computers as well.