Author Topic: Win 7 with no permissions  (Read 5268 times)

Offline PaulW

• View Profile
Win 7 with no permissions
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:42:32 am »
Win7 32 bit. Home Premium Svc Pack 1
 I have read the various fixes on this forum and many others an my problem persists.
 I can no longer update various programs or such things as change my user account or allow to run as  administer. I downloaded malware and am denied permission to open it. Many times I try to do a function and nothing happens then sometimes I get the denied permission window. I cannot create or remove any accounts or change system folders. Using the Cmd.exe I cannot make either active or not.
As you could deduce  my security, owner windows, etc. all have shields for the feature the various fixes tell me to use.
 I do not have the Install DVD or any other CD to implement a repair and the Key for the install is lost which prevents me for using a Microsoft download.
Sure hope  for your help, Thanks,Paul

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Win 7 with no permissions
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:47:37 am »
Are you able to boot up into the advanced boot options to select Safe Mode with Command Prompt or Safe Mode with Networking ?

If you can get with Networking, download and run ESET Free Online Scanner.

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

Check the two boxes for PuPs and PuMs then click on Advanced and check all of the boxes excluding Proxy and the Archives one is optional.

See what that reports then run this ESET Services Repair Tool.

http://kb.eset.com/library/ESET/KB%20Team%20Only/Malware/ServicesRepair.exe (active link)

You may be able to run Windows Repair to reset the Permissions in Safe Mode with Networking.

If you can't and you can boot up into the advanced boot options, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and enter -

net user administrator /active:yes

shutdown /r /t 00

After the reboot you should see the admin icon to log in with and then see if WR will run.

That cmd invokes the hidden admin account and to disable it when done, change active:yes to active:no

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 01:11:58 pm »
Do you have the UAC on or off?

I have seen an odd bug in the UAC where it messes up and doesnt work right. But it is easy to fix it. You just go to the UAC options in the control panel under user accounts. Chnage the current setting to something else, anything, then hit apply or ok. Then go back into it and turn it back to the setting you had it at and then reboot.

I had multiple users who, on windows 7, had the UAC turned off. Then one day they get a hold of me and say how they dont have permissions to do things. It was the UAC not staying off like it was suppose to. Had them do what I said above and it fixed them right up.

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 02:15:41 pm »
Just going back to the opening post regarding the product key, if you installed Win 7 and it isn't an OEM machine that came with it pre-installed, then Belarc Advisor will list the product key for you to download the ISO from MS, but it would need to be a retail key and not been an install with OEM disks.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html