Author Topic: off line install  (Read 5071 times)

Offline quietguy37j

• View Profile
off line install
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:12:36 pm »
Can I download windows repair to a flash drive and install it on my laptop? I tried but only got the files and the program itself isnt running.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: off line install
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 06:52:28 pm »
Hi, Please again download and try. It should work. You could as well copy the exe from your computer to pendrive and then copy to laptop. It will work, and if there is error, it shows the copy or download has some missing files or you have taken the flash drive before the exe is fully copied to it.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 02:42:55 am »
Try the download again in Safe Mode with Networking as your antivirus program could be interfering.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:38:53 pm »
Can I download windows repair to a flash drive and install it on my laptop? I tried but only got the files and the program itself isnt running.

What do you mean exactly? On my site I have the installer and I have the portable version. Both are the same program, the installer simply makes shortcuts and such and nothing more. The portable is a zip file that you extract all the files to a folder and you can run that from a thumb drive easily as well.

You say you got the files but the program isnt running, thats what i am confused on and not sure what you mean. :wink:

Shane