Author Topic: Ran Tweaking Program, Windows still will not update-PULLING MY HAIR OUT!  (Read 7485 times)

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
FInd attached copies of my prescan and reparse logs after I ran the tweaking program..I get 800b100 update errors.
I have tried some of the other suggestions in this post and microsofts posts, such as running system readiness tool,
windows update MrFixIt, making sure windows update and modules are turned on in servicies, downloading the files
into the packages folder. Still no update.
I also attached a checksur log, which was run before I ran tweaking.  I am running windows 7 64 Ultimate.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:30:54 AM by MrMoneyMaker »

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ran Tweaking Program, Windows still will not update-PULLING MY HAIR OUT!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »
I've uploaded a zip file in it are the missing files and reg file. The reg file is used to add the take owner ship to the right click menu in explorer. Go ahead and merge that file with your registry.

Once that is done go to C:\Windows\servicing\ and right click on Packages and click on take ownership. You will now be able to copy the files into that folder.

The missing files that are in the folder that i've uploaded need to be placed in  C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\ folder.

Then run the pre-scan again, put a check on the box to have it add the cat files back to the database. :cheesy:

(THIS REPAIR IS USER SPECIFIC IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH MISSING CAT OR MUM FILES MAKE A POST IN COMPUTER HELP AND I WILL HUNT DOWN THOSE FILES FOR YOU) :cheesy:
Julian

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
I downloaded the zip file, and extracted it into the c:\windows\servicing\packages folder.  When I went to extract the file, it said the files already existed and the file sizes were identical to the new file size.  I ran the prescan anyway.  What should I do now.  Should I go through and completely rerun tweaking, or is there some other steps I should take now?

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »
Did you place a check Mark next to add cat back to data base?
Julian

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »
Yes, I put the check mark and re ran the prescan.

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 12:16:41 AM »
you put those files in the folder anyway. and copied over them correct?
Julian

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 02:13:22 AM »
Yes, extracted the files into the packages folder, checked the check mark box, and ran the pre scan.  What's next?

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 02:40:46 AM »
what is the prescan showing?
Julian

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 04:03:44 AM »
Here are the results of the pre scan after I extracted the file into the packages folder, ticked the check mark and ran the pre scan.

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Tweaking.com - Windows Repair v3.8.1 - Pre-Scan
│ Computer: STAPLESDESKTOP (Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1) (64-bit)
│ [Started Scan - 2/2/2016 12:49:16 PM]
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Scanning Windows Packages Files.
│ Started at (2/2/2016 12:49:16 PM)

│ No problems were found with the Packages Files.

│ Files Checked & Verified: 5,950

│ Done Scanning Windows Packages Files.(2/2/2016 12:50:36 PM)
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
│ Scanning Reparse Points.
│ Started at (2/2/2016 12:50:36 PM)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\All Users) (Target Path: C:\ProgramData)
│ A Default Reparse Point is missing and this can cause problems on the system.

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Cookies) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Local Settings) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\My Documents) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\NetHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\PrintHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Recent) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\SendTo) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Start Menu) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default\Templates) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Default User) (Target Path: x:\Users\Default)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Public\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: x:\Users\Public\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Public\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: x:\Users\Public\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Public\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: x:\Users\Public\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Cookies) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Local Settings) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\My Documents) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\NetHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\PrintHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Recent) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\SendTo) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Start Menu) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Guest\Templates) (Target Path: x:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Cookies) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Local Settings) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\My Documents) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\NetHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\PrintHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Recent) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\SendTo) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Start Menu) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\Templates) (Target Path: x:\Users\Molly Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Cookies) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Local Settings) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\My Documents) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\NetHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\PrintHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Recent) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\SendTo) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Start Menu) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\Templates) (Target Path: x:\Users\Paul Staples\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Local\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Local\History) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Cookies) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Application Data) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Documents\My Music) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Music)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Documents\My Pictures) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Pictures)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Documents\My Videos) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Videos)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Local Settings) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Local)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\My Documents) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Documents)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\NetHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\PrintHood) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Recent) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\SendTo) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Start Menu) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu)

│ Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\Templates) (Target Path: x:\Users\Staples Desktop\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates)

│ Problems were found with the Reparse Points.
│ You can use the Repair Reparse Points Tool at the bottom of this Window to try and fix these problems.

│ Files & Folders Searched: 261,448
│ Reparse Points Found: 18

│ Done Scanning Reparse Points.(2/2/2016 12:50:57 PM)
│ Checking Environment Variables.
│ Started at (2/2/2016 12:50:57 PM)

│ No problems were found with the Environment Variables.

│ Done Checking Environment Variables. (2/2/2016 12:50:57 PM)
│ [Finished Scan - 2/2/2016 12:50:57 PM]

• Scan Complete - Problems Found!

• You can use the Repair Reparse Points or Repair Environment Variables tools at the bottom of this Window if needed.

• While problems have been found, you can still run the repairs in the program.

• But for the best results it is recommended to fix the problems reported in this scan if possible.

• If you need help fixing any of the items in the log, just post in the forums at Tweaking.com for help.

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 05:09:19 AM »
okay looks like your packages are all fixed now have you ran the repairs in the repairs tab? go ahead and select the defaults and run them in safe mode with networking.
Julian

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 06:42:00 AM »
OK, I ran the repairs, and restarted in safe mode. What do I do next.  How do I determine if the results were successful?

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »
you ran the repairs in safemode with networking correct not running them then rebooting in safe mode. try updating to see if it is fixed the first time updating it is going to rebuild the update data base so it will take a moment.
Julian

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »
I rebooted in safe mode, attempted to run Windows Update, however, the Windows update box doesn't appear.  Could it be running in the background, or do I have to go into services and turn anything on?  It's been running for about an hour, and I don't think it is updating.  Should I restart the computer in normal mode and re try.
Also, a side note.  After I installed the zip file and added the cat/mum files that you gave me, my hard drive went from about 13 gigs of free space down to about 1.3 gig.  After I re started the computer, I see that I am back up to about 13 gigs free.  Is that a normal occurrence?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:18:57 PM by MrMoneyMaker »

Offline Julian

• "Cat and Mum Guy"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 10:26:02 PM »
okay no I meant run the repairs in safe mode with networking. Then run windows update after the repairs. you would want to run the updates in normal mode and yes it will check for awhile that is normal you cleared out the software distribution folder when running the update repair so it has to rebuild everything. and for the hdd space? how many times did you extract the folder and you made sure to replace the files not make duplicates correct?
Julian

Offline MrMoneyMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 06:15:43 AM »
Yes, I replaced the files, and didn't duplicate them.
Restarting in normal mode, and then I will run update.  Will advise on the results.
Thanks, Julian